[BUG] Proof found - Viper Sting MUST break Freezing Trap

For the masters of beasts and survival. Able to train various races of beasts to fight alongside them and lay traps around their ways.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: [BUG] Proof found - Viper Sting MUST break Freezing Trap

Postby hammered » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:16 am

First, you know that format of bug reporting is dumb. Why should I tell how it works on TRB when it can be tested in 30 seconds.

Second, I stated Wowwiki is not a fully reliable source, and that the only video that Zardian found with a viper sting at trapped target (with trap being intact for more than 1 second) is the one we have been discussing which shows viper sting broke it. Now if forums comments are not reliable, if wowwiki is not reliable... how come they fix things with less than that (seal stacking for example)?

Third, my tone is the tone of someone waiting of a fucking response for one month. Watching hours of 240 pixel videos is not fun when You don't even know if it is useless.
amaterasu
Voice of Hogger

Postby amaterasu » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:49 pm

This is not a bug. Maybe it was changed later but not during this patch.

I should start posting random shit that will benefit hunters in the bug forums: pally shouldn't be able to bubble out of traps and scattershot; heal spell power should scale with the level of the spell. More to come.

Legit though: Fear needs to be more susceptible to breaking upon damage being inflicted.
hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby hammered » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Ama, don't take it personally. It's not a random accusation for a bug. What made me wonder was why it was purposely fixed on others servers. If you can we gladly welcome you to find a vanilla video dating to that period where a trap had full duration while the target was viper sting'ed.
amaterasu
Voice of Hogger

Postby amaterasu » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:45 am

Aye. Nothing personal taken Hammered - was just messing around. Although, I am of the opinion that conclusive proof has not yet been put forward to change the way the spell works and that a strict reading of both spells seems to show that it is working as intended b/c no damage is being done.

Return to “Hunter”