Hunter Pets (The Rares and the Broken)

For the masters of beasts and survival. Able to train various races of beasts to fight alongside them and lay traps around their ways.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Schnami93
Voice of Hogger

Hunter Pets (The Rares and the Broken)

Postby Schnami93 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi, i'm looking to make an account on The Rebirth. It probably won't be for a month because i'm saving up to by a laptop. Right now, i'm posting from a university computer. I am extremely looking forward to play vanilla wow again. The first character i made playing wow back in the day when this patch was live was a dwarf hunter. Those sure were the days. When seeing a lvl 8 wendingo ( or howver you spell that) for the first time scared me as a little kid. I remember the first horde character i made was a tauren because out of all the horde races it looked the nicest.

Moving on to the subject of this thread. I remember there being a lot of hidden things in the pets back then. Some cats hit faster than others, some had dash and some did not. I remember camping for 'Broken Tooth' (at least i think that was the name of the cat in the badlands with a 1.0 attkspd)for 1 month. I remember camping for 'Humar the Pridelord' for days on the that lone plateau above ratchet. If i wanted to tame an elite pet i had to be damn sure i was at least 3-4 levels higher than it.

I want this to be a thread where hunters can post pet stats and the best places to get them. Like what pets are best for leveling and such.

I will be making a dwarf hunter. I plan on my first pet being a bear since they are easier to feed. most likely going to get the white one. Dun morogh actually has 2 locations where you can get a hold of a white bear before winterspring.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I live in a sober living community and i've been convinced to give up my phone :twisted:
Kadol
Voice of Princess Theradras

Re: Hunter Pets (The Rares and the Broken)

Postby Kadol » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Excellent choice of race there, Schnami.

If you're looking for good hunter pets, I always recommend the level 20ish wolf in Duskwood named Lupos. He attacks with shadow damage rather than physical damage.

In addition to that, if you tame one of the wolves in LBRS you can learn the max rank of furious howl, and then teach it to Lupos. Its pretty useful for buffing melee groups (assuming you can safely control them in raids).

I'm sure plenty of other people have their own suggestions as well, so once you get in the game be sure to ask around.

Welcome to the server!
Bowflinger
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Bowflinger » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:31 am

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... tiary.html

and

http://web.archive.org/web/200704081612 ... ndex.shtml

I know this one is TBC, but the infos are still correct (just ignore everything that is in new areas /gore ability)
I am not a native English speaker, so if you find some mistakes please do correct me. How else am I supposed to improve?
Schnami93
Voice of Hogger

Postby Schnami93 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:08 am

Thank you for the feedback. I'm definitely gonna take a look at Lupos in Duskwood.

I totally forgot about petopia. I planning on using one of the lower attkspeed cats until Lupos and then lupos till brokentooth.

Brokentooth for casters. Lupos for Warriors.

Will having an elite pet make it stronger when i tame it? or did they remove that?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I live in a sober living community and i've been convinced to give up my phone :twisted:
Bowflinger
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Bowflinger » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:15 am

I am not a native English speaker, so if you find some mistakes please do correct me. How else am I supposed to improve?

Return to “Hunter”