Enhancement Shaman Talent Build

For the masters of the elements. With their totems they bring back order in the chaos of the elements to support their own allies.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Nopony
Voice of Hogger

Enhancement Shaman Talent Build

Postby Nopony » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:12 pm

So I made this talent build which I think is probably the standard most go for. Any improvements I could make?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hmZxVbdVMhtVbez
Deoffrey
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: Enhancement Shaman Talent Build

Postby Deoffrey » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:50 pm

For PvE this is good.
In PvE its important to maximize your totems for your groups, but after getting 3 peices of T1 you dont need Totem mastery talent and you can go put points into elemental and get clearcasting.
However a PvP build would look something like this.
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hVfzxcZxirzV0ut
:jester:
http://www.twitch.tv/tamaman89
Also known as Grimhorn. :-)
Zardian

Postby Zardian » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Bit of a necro but its a class forum anyway, in case anyone is interested here are my talent builds:
PVE: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zx0hZxVbdVMut
PVP: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zxcZVibdV0ut

Hypothetical NS enha build that i have never felt the need to use, PVP: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hZVibkV0uxVcbp0xo

Why this? The pve build is simple, you can get hit from gear, 2h hitcap is easy enough, it is NOT worth it to go so deep into the resto tree for a meager 3% hit when elemental has extremely potent damage talents. Elemental devastation is far stronger than it looks for raid dps, winter's chill gives frost shocks (the only shock you should be casting) +10% crit, ony buff another 10% and songflower 5%, plus you should have a little over 5% base spellcrit. so roughly every third frostshock crits in full buffs, you shock once every 5 seconds on bosses and the buff lasts for 10 seconds, the uptime in full buffs is very high.

In pvp eye of the storm is self-explanatory, and i value the 5% block and increased block amount more than ~150-200 mana, the physical mitigation is extremely helpful in melee matchups and once you get geared enough the manapool becomes decent enough to not worry about too much.
Better known as Stromgar nowadays
Gengy
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Gengy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:02 pm

Reviving this just to say that Elemental Devastation is horrible.

Your base spellcrit is something like 5%, and let's say you're sitting on 30% physical crit. Every 5 seconds you can shock once (neither Flametongue nor Frostbrand crits will proc it) and you'll get a crit every 20 shocks, so on average you will proc this effect once every 100 seconds. The effect grants 9% extra crit for 10 seconds, so you have this effect on you about 10% of the time. Overall this would amount to +0.9% effective melee crit for those 3 talent points.

It might be slightly better than that if you're deliberately waiting for the proc to use things like Stormstrike, but this still assumes you're using a shock every single cooldown. Even if that shock is R1 Frost Shock, you're still depriving yourself of your in-combat mana regeneration, which cuts into your ability to even use something as mana-intensive as SS. Even if you managed to double your spellcrit through gearing, it's still less than 2% extra physical crit.

Put those 3 talent points into Elemental Warding.

EDIT: Reading comprehension on my part, guess I got caught up in my tangent.

The Winter's Chill bonus is the only one I'd consider reliable enough to factor in, and you're still only getting +2.7% physical crit from it.
Zardian

Postby Zardian » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:38 pm

How very negative of you gengy, like i said in full world buffs you come up to a bit over 30% spellcrit, almost every third shock critting, or 66% uptime, or about 6% constant melee crit, ofcourse math doesnt exactly work like this, but you get the point. 6% crit for 3 points sounds pretty good to me, and even if the talent often is less value than that, its still a dps increase.

My pve build is just that, a max dps build for a tryhard like myself eager to prove the naysayers wrong.
Most farmruns involve full worldbuffs from start to finish, so i dont think its too absurd to spec accounting for them, elemental devastation scales amazingly off them.

If i was completely dedicated to maximizing dps even over quality of life the build would be like this:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0kx0hZxVMdVMht

ofcourse for casual pvp and farming ghost wolf castspeed and parry are pretty good value for their points so i spec into them atm, but yeah.

As for mana-issues, i know from personal experience that they dont exist on bosses if raid-dps isnt trash, even on longer bosses if i was willing to chug one shitty potion per boss (combat pots were wonderful for this) i could easily sustain full shock spam until boss dropped dead.
Come more serious raiding like AQ/naxx it will be NDbreath / demonic rune + major mana pot spam if i still need to prove myself.

Elemental warding may be amazing for tanking or more relaxed dps, but it competes directly with damage talents so it can go take a hike in my mind, its also a flat % reduction as opposed to resistance, which reduces its usefulness for most dangerous fire mechanics as they deal with avoiding building up stacks more than anything. If survivability to magic damage was an issue (has never been in my experience) i could also always frontload protection potions.
Gengy
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Gengy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:33 am

I was in a pretty negative mood a few hours ago, I'm liking the sound of it more now that it's had time to settle in my head.

To hang onto those buffs, do you carry limited invulnerability potions in case things go sour?
Zardian

Postby Zardian » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:27 am

Yes, i try to bring a full stack of 5 invuln potions to every raid that i properly tryhard (i usually end up using 0-2 of them).
The nature of the enhancement shaman has lead me to rather appropriately joke that the limited invuln potion is the best dps potion in game.
I usually let the tanks gather around 4k threat before properly dpsing, if theres multiple mobs i swap between them to mitigate threat buildup, but occasionally stars align and i cause 9k threat instantly early into a pull, that calls for a pot.
Bosses (other than broodlord) dont usually seem to be an issue from a threat perspective tho, the aggromistakes usually happen on trash.
Mooreece
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Mooreece » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:49 am

Swing at shit. Hit shit. Shock shit. Fuckin' dance. That's how you enhance, brah.
Braunx
Voice of Hogger

Postby Braunx » Tue May 17, 2016 8:45 am

Is there a developed resource for Enhancement PvE? I'm really interested in learning more about it.
Gregor
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Gregor » Tue May 17, 2016 10:49 am

no cuz it's retarded

aka Spookypants, aka the spookiest rogue on Rebirth

Return to “Shaman”