Attack Speed Fury viable?

Me....Bash...more

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Enthrall
Voice of Princess Theradras

Attack Speed Fury viable?

Postby Enthrall » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:25 am

Hello all,

I've been theorycrafting an attack speed maximizing fury gear build for a while now, and I'm closing in on my last few pieces of gear before I try it out in some raids.

Currently the entire set revolves around Eskhander's Right Claw with Crusader enchant. I think maximizing +flat weapon damage might be able to out dps the traditional fury warrior with a slow main hand. I've been working out a lot of math for sustained fury warrior dps with both slow main/offhand and fast main/offhand. The main dps loss comes from the whirlwind damage, but if you add in things that increase +weapon damage like Might of Cenarius and Zandalarian Hero Medallion the dps loss gap can easily be filled with even a little +weapon damage.
For offhand weapons I think a Felstriker would be my best bet to aim for as it is also a very fast weapon with 1.70 attack speed.
What are other peoples thoughts on the viability of a gear build like this?

On another note around attack speed, I would like to know how proc chance works on The Rebirth. In theory, Eskhander's Right Claw could scale with itself (more attack speed = higher chances for more procs) or is everything on a set PPM (procs per minute) timer.
Manatee
Voice of King Gordok

Re: Attack Speed Fury viable?

Postby Manatee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:34 pm

There is no "PPM timer" and never has been, it isn't a game mechanic but rather a way for players to understand things.

PPM is just a way of comparing different procs, and is defined as the average number of procs over one minute of just autoattacks.

As an example, the PPM on Crusader is around 1.82, which means that a 1.50 speed weapon would be assigned a 2.73% chance on hit, while a 3.50 speed weapon would be assigned a 6.37% chance on hit.
Kadol

Postby Kadol » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:36 pm

The guaranteed crit proc from Felstriker would be pretty awesome in keeping flurry up so you attack even faster. I don't know if it has an internal cool down though.
Manatee
Voice of King Gordok

Postby Manatee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Empyrean Demolisher is potentially a better choice for mainhand given that the haste lasts twice as long and you'll get more procs from instants.
Kadol

Postby Kadol » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Enthrall

Postby Enthrall » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Empyrean Demolisher is a great choice but there are some pros/cons about it. It does have more WW damage but it doesn't scale with flat +damage quite like faster weapons do. The proc is a lot longer which is a huge plus which I like even though the overall attack speed is a little less. IMO it's a great weapon to try out and I would love to get my hands on it someday and test it out but if I use it than I might as well not use Might of Cenarius as with that weapon A lot of other rings scale better with it and that would take away from the core focus.
Deoffrey
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Deoffrey » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:50 am

I'm curious too see more items with +weapon damadge :D
http://www.twitch.tv/tamaman89
Also known as Grimhorn. :-)
Enthrall

Postby Enthrall » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:27 am

Manatee
Voice of King Gordok

Postby Manatee » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:43 am

The problem with +weapon damage is that it sucks pretty hard in the amounts given on items. Crusader adds more per hit on average and on top of that buffs both hands at once, while firey and lifesteal just procs shitloads.
Deoffrey
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Deoffrey » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:24 am

I would imagine gearing would be similar to a feral... Except you need strength instead of straight agililty.
http://www.twitch.tv/tamaman89
Also known as Grimhorn. :-)

Return to “Warrior”