Attack Speed Fury viable?

Me....Bash...more

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

caytlyn
Voice of Hogger

Re: Attack Speed Fury viable?

Postby caytlyn » Mon May 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Great reads, I need all the info I can get my goal is the same. I want the highest dps I can get. Following this. :-)
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:59 am

Enthrall
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Enthrall » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:49 am

So I guess I'll so a follow up post on my findings. I got pretty much all the gear I need to attempt to try to make it on-par or better than the current meta Fury warrior weapons choices of slow main hands.

First thing, This build sucks in raids and especially on bosses. There is no +unarmed skill to anything in the game, therefor you will always be behind of the other min/maxing warriors because of glancing blows.

Second, The DPS is pretty good I must say, but it's lack luster and simply doesn't scale as hard as the traditional fury warrior.

When I was doing my testing after getting the Might of Cenarius () I put +5 weapon damage enchants on both Eskhander claws and +8 weapon damage from Dense Weightstones. All in all I was doing about 80% of the damage I would normally be doing with Double Deathbringer (). I wish I recorded my Recaps damage for the 4 hours I was doing collecting damage data while killing things in Felwood/Winterstring. The data I saw wasn't even close in terms of burst and sustain dps compaired to slow weapons.

One item I would Like to get my hands on is the Zandalarian Hero Medallion ()

With this item I think I can achieve more burst dps than the traditional builds but I'll run out of steam quickly and waiting on cooldowns.

So to wrap things up, The build is good in 5 mans and it's pretty fun but It's not exactly worth the time and effort that goes into getting Might of Cenarius on a warrior, especially since Master Dragonslayer's Ring () Exists. and is somewhat easily obtainable.

TL:DR, I did not break the meta to a 10 year old game and don't waste your time grinding things everyone tells you is stupid for your class ^^

I can do more follow ups posts when I finally get Zandalarian Hero Medallion and get to try that out.
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:32 am

Alternatively get double Hakkari Warblades (better if you're human of course) instead of fist weapons.

I don't think going for the absolute fastest weapons possible is the best route, at least when it involves fist weapons ;) Would be interesting to see double flurry axe as orc but you run into the same issue with weapon damage. Also easier said than done, need some luck/$$$.

Are you still WW'ing or just HS spam? HS can't glance (ofc WW can't either) but it might be a better use of rage since WW damage would be so low. I don't have many weapons to choose from at the moment so unfortunately can't try any of this myself.

Out of curiosity, do you have 4-piece Eskhandar's? How is it? :-)
Enthrall
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Enthrall » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:02 am

Jahreno
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Jahreno » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Enthrall is fury :lol:

It can work on bosses, im pretty sure. But you'd be losing too much dps in trash packs. WW is normalized but a slower MH(which is commonplace) has a higher avg damage so its stronger that way. Cleave is not normalized and you can dump your extra rage with it on aoe packs, all of your attacks benefit from your slow main hander.

ofc you can try your "special snowflake" build on bosses and go with regular gear on trash packs, but i think elemental sharpening stones are still bugged on rebirth no? i lost %2 crit on weapon swaps or deaths. i remember hunters complaining about it as well.

And there are no fast MH weapons with 55+ dps, to my knowledge. best you can get is Raggy dagger( "-_- , no, dont bid for that), other daggers in MC/BWL but normalization factor for daggers are 1.7 or 1.8, unlike other 1 hander weapons. So you'd be spamming BT/HS endlessly, in which case you as a horde player without salvation buff, tranq totem(lack of shamans) and ofc a Thunderfury tank, will die miserably.

Good luck.
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Tue May 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Undertanker
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Undertanker » Wed May 11, 2016 2:31 am

You can still do your weapon speed test, just do it with Daggers. Alcorz MH, get the +dagger skill from DM west prince, and corehound gloves, or muggers belt from DM North 3rd guard. Will put you round 310 daggers. Crusader offhand enchant, Impact and +8stone MH. Brings alcorz from a 45.4 DPS 1.3 speed weapon to a 55.38 DPS 1.3 speed weapon. = 21.9% dps increase on weapon.

If you keep gift of Arthas on tank, +8 damage received (very good for raiding and worth a debuff slot) It makes alcorz a 61.53 DPS weapon (+5 impact / +8 Stone / +8 Arthas) Which is a 35.52% weapon DPS increase.

Esk Main hand is best in the hands of a fury warrior that off-tanks (only when they are off tanking). Their flurry procs will make the weapon in the 0.82 range of speed when both procs are up, giving them amazing threat generation on Heroic Strike spamming help making up for the fact they don't have extra points in threat generation.

To the person wondering about up-time on windfury, you spam Hamstring for additional windfury procs. This is more effective with slower weapons. A heroic strike spam is more effective in damage output by 23.1% ish (damage cal does not factor in windfury, only HS spam) for a 1.8speed weapon compared to a 2.6 speed weapon. (if you have the rage to spam it)
Undertanker <ThunderCats> Horde

Return to “Warrior”