Lets talk about <Charge> and falling through the ground

Me....Bash...more

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

destic
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Lets talk about <Charge> and falling through the ground

Postby destic » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Now I am only level 18 and you guys may have more experience. But I have already fallen through the ground 3 times due to the charge animation not following the terrain accordingly. This occurs when the terrain is slanted and causes me to get scared each time I use charge. Please don't try to use "Well man, then don't use charge while fighting on a hill." as a counter-argument, as it really causes restrictions while playing.

Go to 23.6, 57.0 and target a Murloc, use charge while on the base of the hill or rather when you are close enough. You will fall down. The other instance this happened was in Fargodeep Mine in Elwynn Forrest (so I'm assuming it was cave terrain.)

I don't know if anyone else can contribute to this, but I just wanted to get this out there.

Peace out. :gone:

Edit: OMG. I don't know how I managed to post it on the wrong forum section. My bad Sorry :D
aka Smutt.

Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Re: Lets talk about <Charge> and falling through the ground

Postby Kainnee » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:01 pm

This is really a tricky one. They already improved charge by A LOT a while ago, sadly it's still not 100% proof. I fear there is nothing else you can do about it at the moment but to be careful when charging uphill.
aka Zerkee on Horde.
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Try jumping and then charging from mid-air, seems to help :)
Fatsmcgee
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Fatsmcgee » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:04 am

Just don't charge...ever. Even when the ground is perfectly flat I'm still hesitant to charge/intercept.

You can also get feared through the ground as well :p So that's fun.
SychinLegacy
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby SychinLegacy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:20 pm

In my experience charging through the world mostly (about 95% of the time) happens when charging up or down a steep slope. Really I just avoid using it on a steep slope and it isn't really an issue for me any more.
Enthrall
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Enthrall » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:14 pm

There's a certain spot in North hive ashi I swear has 20 orc male bones at the exact same spot at the bottom of the world... I fall for the exact same spot every time since it was on my farming path. :$

It normally only happens when you try to charge uphill as it can be very risky.
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:59 pm

I've never charged through the world with my Goblin Rocket Helm though, idk if that's just my skills or luck or whether the charge works differently there. If there is a difference in scripting it might be worthwhile to see if it can be used for charge/intercept. I once charge someone and the battleground ended just before I hit that person, and when the next game popped I charged across the entire WSG to the alliance base where I got butchered by the allies, they might remember that :P Just bringing this up because I was wondering if any warrior has ever experienced the same.
Nickje, the hunting cow
Hellfurian96
Voice of Hogger

Postby Hellfurian96 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 am

Maybe they can grab some of the stuff from Nost's source code, they have a log of issues fixed that aren't fixed here, I'm sure they can find a way to put the open-source code to good use now that Nost is down? :p idk.
#"Take everything in moderation, even World of Warcraft!"# Nice try Blizzard! >_>

Since 2008
rudo
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby rudo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:09 am

My warrior is now lvl 55 and I have fallen through the ground 1 single time. It was a really really steep uphill in STV in my early 30s. I just dont charge up steep uphills anymore and I really see this as a microscopic issue atm. :gone:
Kadol
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Kadol » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:01 pm

Just become a beast and intercept your way back to the surface if you fall beneath the world.

Return to “Warrior”