Unable to Launch WoW

Issues with the client installation? Problem to connect to our server? Ask right away and we'll try to solve it with you.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Moffitt
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Re: Unable to Launch WoW

Postby Moffitt » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:09 am

Orlitoq
Voice of Hogger

Postby Orlitoq » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:31 am

Moffitt
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Moffitt » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:50 am

It wasn't clear before and I really only just learned of having to do it that way. Crossing my fingers that it works!
Orlitoq
Voice of Hogger

Postby Orlitoq » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:13 am

Sadly, it did not.

I turned off my FW to DL and install the client, then turned it back on but the game still dies before it can launch.

One additional issue I am having is with the three *.bin files included. I seem to be unable to extract those.
Orlitoq
Voice of Hogger

Postby Orlitoq » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:46 am

Conversation about how to resolve this issue had shifted to PMs, but I am posting some of this here just so that readers may have a sense of what occurred.

Gamemaster Moffitt gave me a number of good ideas, and potential alternative solutions to my predicament, but none of them were able to resolve my issues. It is my suspicion that the fault lies in my rig.

This saddens me, as I had been a very active player way back when, and was very much looking forward to re-entering WoW. However, it seems I may have to put that ambition on hold until I find a better computer. Thank you very much for taking the thyme to try and help me. I really do appreciate the effort, even if it was fruitless. I am sorry that it was to no avail.

Hopefully, I will see you again at some point int he future,

Orlitoq
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:19 am

The game client we use to play now really is exactly the same as it was when wow was first launched, so if you were able to run it back then it should in theory be possible to do so now as well :) Maybe you've already discussed this in private messages, but can I ask if you ever updated your operating system since you last played WoW? I once updated from ME to XP and that made some games stop working, probably because it was not running on DOS anymore (actually not me but my dad but you get the point :P). And a suggestion if you are really planning to toss your old computer otherwise, you could try a complete reformatting which should give you a fresh start on which to install WoW. Good luck and don't give up!
Nickje, the hunting cow

Return to “Installation/Connection Help”