Patchnotes - 2015-05-02

We will inform you here about pending ingame changes and announce patchdays.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Re: Patchnotes - 2015-05-02

Postby Wyke » Sun May 31, 2015 9:51 pm

This was LBRS which is not technically a 60 instance, and it was 2pm server time. By the time the group started almost 1/4 of alliance players online were in the raid.

The longest instance journeys such as alliance to Mara or DMaul is no more than 15mins travel. I still do play many characters at all levels and manage to get my instances done by being proactive and starting the groups. I also play most of my game time at off-peak hours, as peak time is when GM demand is at its highest. I am not going to argue the point back and forth.

I read every post on the forums, I have missed nothing. If you cant form a group in 30mins, do some quests or crafting while you keep searching. It may take time to get a group together, but that means people are less likely to jump ship and abandon others when a run does get going. You cannot expect to get a group on demand, its part of the game.

If you are not getting any reply right away there simply nothing a summon stone will do to assist you, its more a population issue which everyone is affected by, not just the leveling community.
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:25 pm

(Also, not asking for linked AHs or BG queuing to go away, I'm fine with both in these current circumstances.)
Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:43 pm

The change was made to make the game world more populated, and to bring things closer to the vanilla experience, even if it is just a handful of people travelling to an instance. We have many "purist" players here, that have supported this vision for many years. What you see as a negative, others see as a positive. You can see the dilemma the staff are in with every decision we make by reading the discussion on the cross faction chat voting page. We cant please everyone all the time. Decisions are not taken lightly, and the impact of making this change when our population is low is less dangerous for the long term health of the server than if we did it with 500+ players.

The overall emphasis is on making things as close to vanilla as possible, its one thing we have in our favor over competing servers that have thousands of player that dont care about bugs. Obviously we dont want to upset our community, but I personally feel this has a positive impact on the server as a whole.
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:51 pm

Thanks for the explanation, still not 100% on board but I can appreciate the reasoning behind the decision.
JustMe
Voice of Hogger

Postby JustMe » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Pivoting this somewhat, has any other rogue noticed Relentless Attacks not working as intended (under proccing)?

I am semi-retired and have several game clients (not sure all folders had their WDB wiped clean) but messing around before and after patch this became easily noticeable. Has anyone seen it as well?

If this is the case, it's a rather big issue to all non-combet rogues, especially in the current end-game progress. Combutt are less affected, but it still is a minor inconvinience to them. I have yet tested it enough to tell if it's under proccing in all ranks (1-5cp) in the same proportion (e.g. half as often) or maybe it's a constant 20% regardless of how many cps. etc, but I did see this issue on at least 2 different rogues.
Manatee
Voice of King Gordok

Postby Manatee » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Relentless works fine.

Return to “Updates / Patches”