Voice of Baron Rivendare

Re: Hunter - Pet handling

Postby Minx » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:09 pm

Triumph
Voice of Hogger

Postby Triumph » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:51 pm

Thousand Needles, the Grimtotem quests.

Pet keeps falling trough the bridges, pathing completely off.
Pews - Hunter - <Hate>
Triumph - Warrior - <Hate>
Gowyn
Voice of Hogger

Postby Gowyn » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:28 pm

I haven't see this issue posted:

When I target a mob, then change targets and click the Attack command for my Pet, the pet initially tries to attack my first targeted mob instead of my current targeted mob. I have to click the Attack command again to have it re-direct to my current target.
piehead
Voice of Hogger

Postby piehead » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Unsure if this is blizzlike or not but wanted to post it here anyway. If I tell my pet to attack something it won't do it unless my PET is in LOS with the mob I told it to attack. Not my LOS but the pet's. This is a huge pain since pet pathing is buggy at best in vanilla.

There is also the boat problem. Whenever I get on my boat I have to dismiss my pet due it bugging out whenever I go somewhere.

Then there is the aggro problem. Even if you don't have it attack anything and you have growl on auto use it will still aggro. So if your just sitting there and your pet is on passive with auto growl on it will get aggro without using growl once. I showed a GM this and he witnessed it I just wanted to post it here.

Of course pet pathing is horrible but I can attribute that to vanilla being buggy in the first place. But I wouldn't mind if the developers fixed it even if it was bugged like that in retail vanilla.

Cheers from Minra.
Diarchus
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Diarchus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:06 am

This was an issue on Kronos as well (the pet not getting on a transport). It either reappeared after I debarked wherever I was going, or I did have to relog. 50/50, I'd say.

I learned to dismiss before I went on something, but that is a pain for warlocks.
tempatantrem
Voice of Hogger

Postby tempatantrem » Mon May 02, 2016 7:41 am

When taming new low level pets you should be able to level the pets via mobs that are the same level as the pet. If you are 60 and your pet is 24 you will have to level that pet on mobs that are 49 or above in order for the pet to get exp. This makes it very difficult to level pets. In vanilla it was the exact oposite of what is here. You could not level a pet on mobs that were to high you had to do it on mobs within the same level range as your pet.
Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Mon May 02, 2016 3:32 pm

Hunter pets only gain experience if the attacked mob has exp value to the hunter, from wowwiki:

Pets below your level gain experience by fighting alongside you (as long as the mob killed is green or higher). When the pet reaches the Hunter's level, it stops gaining experience until the Hunter levels up. Pets gain approximately the same experience from kills as an unrested character of the same level, and require a much lower amount of experience to level as a character of the same level.

This has always been the case.
tempatantrem
Voice of Hogger

Postby tempatantrem » Mon May 02, 2016 8:59 pm

I know for a fact you are interpreting that wrong. That rule from wowwiki only applies to the hunter when the hunter and the pet are in the same level range. I leveled brkoen tooth as a max level hunter twice. Both times I had to grind mobs that were within the level range of my pet.
Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Mon May 02, 2016 9:40 pm

You find me evidence that its wrong and I will gladly open a bug report, the pet ONLY has the chance to gain exp if it is within level range of the player, not the pet. I have checked several sources and they all say exactly the same, and is exactly my experience as a player.

Return to “Bug Processing”