Warlock issues

Help us to help you!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

pleexa
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Re: Warlock issues

Postby pleexa » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:11 pm

- I know of bugs having to do with pet behavior
- (1) Pets will not recast to the new target if you pull them back (via follow) and then ask of them to attack again (via attack or a spell) while in combat. Instead they seem to do absolutely nothing.
- (2) Warlock pets do not have the same attack range as hunter ones. There seems to be a max range to the enemy target within which the pet will obey your command (be it a spell or attack). As a result a player or mob that runs outside of that range while having a warlock pet attacking it will cause the pet to run back to its master. This does not seem to be the case with hunters giving them an unfair advantage in PvP.
- You can reproduce (1) by having an imp under the command of the warlock, commanding it to attack with fireball then using follow then commanding it to attack with fireball again all while in combat. You can reproduce (2) by commanding a pet under the command of the warlock to attack a mob outside of the previously described range and comparing its behavior to that of a hunter pet.

EDIT: video supporting (2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJIJLBqSAkY after the 6:34 mark. Drakedog targets a rogue >30 yds away and casts pet attack. Seduce has a 30yd range. Pet succubus starts going towards the target, Drakedog commands seduce, succubus seduces target. You can't do that on The Rebirth. You will get absolutely 0 response from your pet should you choose to command pet attack at that range.
Last edited by pleexa on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
garbear121
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby garbear121 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Have made numerous tickets for bugs, warlock included, with no response. Just delete them after 24 hours because I either find another bug or get tired of seeing it up there in the corner all the time I'm playing, especially with GUI addons. Like to point out that this has driven me to only report bugs that are affecting me in a way that is making it hard to play since anything else seems a waste of time with waiting and trying to remember what other bugs there were, etc... Anyways...

Voidwalker will not cast AoE taunt, Suffering, in combat. Will not. If I have it right clicked to auto-cast then it will do it every 2 mins. If I manually click it I get error 'pet is in combat'. Only reason I noticed this is having a /macro to cast voidwalker heal, Consume Shadows, and it casts them both at the same time. /macro ONLY has Consume Shadows, if you think that's the issue. Still will not cast AoE taunt in combat.
TheTeabagger
Voice of Hogger

Postby TheTeabagger » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:52 am

So i noticed a bug with Firestone.. it equips in offhand, but then your offhand just disappears instead of going into your bags.

there are also bugs with demon scrolls being bought, learned, and the skill not appearing in the demon ability page.
Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Kainnee » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:45 am

aka Zerkee on Horde.
pleexa
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby pleexa » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:11 am

Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:49 pm

All pets are working the same, doesn't matters if it's a hunter or warlock pet.

I am describing how they are working here (don't know if it's vanilla like or how it should be):

1. All pet skills only work in range. If you try to engage with your pet by clicking taunt or melee skills, it will not do anything.

2. The regular attack command in the pet bar has a very/too short range too.

3. All pets engage targets on distance by using the /script PetAttack(target) macro. Use this instead of the regular attack and your pet will obey if targeting a mob out of your range and switch targets/re-engage after running back with nearly no issues.

4. If you use any skills that cannot performed by your pet (because being out of range, targeting a friendly target or no target) you get always the same place holder error message "your pet is in combat".
pleexa
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby pleexa » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:08 am

octav3k
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby octav3k » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:39 am

- I know a bug with <Improved Shadow Bolt (17803)>,
- It should not be resistable, yet currently you can crit with Shadow Bolt and get the "Resist" message along with it
- This is how to reproduce it easily: Cast Shadow Bolt on a target a million times; at some point, you will notice your crit not applying the <Shadow Vulnerability (17800)>
- The best evidence here is a lack of one; you will find no reference of this being possible on retail, as the effect happened 100% of the time

- I know a bug with <Nightfall (18095)>,
- It should not be possible to trigger it by the application of Corruption on a target, yet it can be
- This is how to reproduce it easily: Cast Corruption over and over on the same target (before it has a chance to do any damage); notice that you get Shadow Trance, even though your Corruption never damaged the enemy
- Evidence here is in the tooltip of the talent: "Gives your Corruption and Drain Life spells a 4% chance to cause you to enter a Shadow Trance state after damaging the opponent."

- I know a bug with <Ritual of Doom (18540)>,
- It should allow players to click on the altar created by the spell in order to channel; currently, noone can click it, therefore the spell is unusable
- This is how to reproduce it easily: Have a warlock cast it and then notice how you can't right-click the altar created by it
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40vsAzZN_i0

- I know a bug with <Ritual of Summoning (698)>,
- It should place players at the location of the portal instead of inside the warlock summoning them
- This is how to reproduce it easily: Grab 2 clickers and cast the spell on your preferred stooge; notice how the summoned player gets placed on the same spot you (the warlock) are, not where the portal was
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbOA3_0I1Kw - you can clearly see, starting with 3:00, how summoned players get placed at the portal's location (in front of the player, not inside him)

- I know a bug with <Torment (3716)>, the Rank 1 main Voidwalker ability
- It should deal a significant amount less threat than Rank 6 of the same spell, yet it does not; in fact, it seems that the Torment ability ignores rank and just deals threat based on the VW's level
- This is how to reproduce it easily: Go out into the world with a VW trained with Rank 6; use the ability on an NPC once and then wand or melee until you get aggro from your pet; notice how much damage you did; repeat with a VW trained with Rank 1; notice how the damage you can do before overaggroing is similar
- Evidence not required in this case; threat moves have fixed values attached (Sunder Armor, Revenge etc) and Torment is no exception - Rank 1 should always do the same amount of threat, no matter what level the Voidwalker is at

- I know a bug with <Shadowburn (17877)>,
- It should not award an extra shard when <Drain Soul (1120)> is used together with it, yet it does
- This is how to reproduce it easily: Cast Shadowburn on a dying enemy; cast Drain Soul on it; notice how, if it dies in <3 sec, you get 2 Soul Shards
- 1.11 Patch Notes: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.11.0
"Shadowburn: If you cast Drain Soul while this aura is on the victim, you will no longer receive two soul shards upon the victim's death."
Titon
Voice of Hogger

Postby Titon » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:06 am

- I know a bug with when completing the Void Walk quest "The Binding", when you use the necklace to sommon the void to fight...about 12 voids spawned.
- It should only summon 1 voidwalker
- To reproduce this, you would need to try this quest on your own.
Virno
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Virno » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:57 am

Hi everybody, after the last server reset i've found some bugs in my Warlock abilities. I've talked to other warlocks, and they've all the same problems i've,

1 - The skill Rain of Fire (that worked properly before) now is canceled if one of the mobs resists. I cast the skill, if one mob resists, the skill is cancelled and i lose all the mana anyway.

2 - My Void pet sometimes fail when he uses his Consume Shadows ability. The mana is consumed, but he doesn't recover any HP. To fix it i've to summon a new Void.

I also have a problem with the quest "The heart of the mountain" in BRD.

Fix these please, or contact me in game.

Thank you.

EDIT: 3 - Also the ability Drain Soul now sometimes doesn't show the animation, so you can't understand if the enemy resisted or it's just the animation that is not showing.

Return to “Bug Processing”