Purpose of this forum

Help us to help you!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Purpose of this forum

Postby Judgement » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:29 pm

The purpose of this forum is not for players to post their bug issues, but for us GMs and Devs to have more and better ways to obtain the data and evidence necessary to commit actual internal bug report for our system.

As such, only GMs and Devs may open topics in this forum section; however you are encouraged to reply into each issue posted, providing ways to reproduce the bug, offer extra information and give us links for more evidence.

The more information you can provide for any given subject, the faster and easier it is to add the bug into our tracker.

Remember that your resources matter too, though and we tend to require each issue to have at least two sources that are cross-referencable.

----

List of information and their worth

The good stuff:
Old scrutinized theorycrafting post from vanilla era
Video from vanilla era
Archived links from sites like Wowallakhazam

The okay stuff, requires more scrutiny:
Wowwiki and it's history tab
Theorycrafting posts that might lack in depth public scrutiny

Passable, but requires other sources for support:
All sorts of comments from comment sections of websites such as WoWHead, single mentions in forums and sites
Screenshots

---

We do not accept anecdotal evidence. If you feel like something was this or that way, you'll have to be able to back it up with actual data.

Additionally, databases such as db.vanillagaming.org (Aowow) are not proper sources because they draw their data directly from the already flawed custom databases of ManGOS and other emulators.

We will not post every single bug reported here, only those we are in need of clarification and more information.

Update

When posting in the new class specific threads, pretty much all of the above still apply.

On top of this, try to create your posts in such fashion that it could be treated as a full bug report with all the required slots filled. The bug template in each section is intended to be used for fast and easy read-through of presented issue, reproductivity and necessary evidence to back it up that at the best case could be copy pasted as is into our internal system.

Brevity is the soul of wit, try to compress the report into as few words as possible while keeping the necessary data in.

Whenver possible, also try to include all the relevant IDs of the spells and their ranks as it reduces the work-load on our end. You can find these from various databases across the internet.

Thank you.
Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Re: Purpose of this forum

Postby Judgement » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Updated for the new class specific guidelines.
Setris
Voice of Hogger

Postby Setris » Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Hello,

I think BUG section of the forum is pretty confusing.
I see there is class specific topics, but can`t understand what of the "Issues so far:" are still open, coz i can see most of them are already mentioned in the Bug fixes. Also i think will be inpossible to find bug duplication in the future.
As every new player here i don`t want to play till lvl 60 and test all of the content, i want to know every known and still not fixed bug to make my own choise should i start investing my time and what are benefits of this server.
I think best way to track that kind of issues is Jira way, something like bugtracker to show everyone current state of bugs with filters.

Its simple and sorted for example:
A.) By status:
New
Reopened
Confirmed
Fixed
Won't Fix
Duplicate
Need Info
Not a Bug
Need Retest
Canceled
Need Update

B.) By type:
Spell
Dungeon
Mechanic
General
PvP
World Event
Quest
Achievement
Faction
NPC
Item

Best Regards,
Angel
Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Thu May 12, 2016 3:43 pm

Our bug tracker is kept internally for many reasons, mainly to avoid people exploiting issues. This has been brought up hundreds of times over the years and our stance will not change. If you feel you dont want to play on a realm with a public bug tracker, that is your decision, but we have many reasons for keeping ours away from the sight of players.

We will gladly deal with duplication of reports through tickets, as its a great way for us to gather new information from a fresh set of eyes, and we also get to involve ourselves with the community and get to know players.
hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby hammered » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:08 pm

since the purpose of this forum is bug reporting.

the bristleboar guy in barrens (quest NPC, blood shards) has stopped working apparently. now it will not give you the buffs as quest rewards, but it would rather choose to buff itself with it... r.i.p my bloodshards
Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Judgement » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:41 am

hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby hammered » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:16 pm

how does that happen without the actual bugs being posted for discussion?

Return to “Bug Processing”