Warlock - Curse of Doom + Doomguard

Help us to help you!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Warlock - Curse of Doom + Doomguard

Postby Judgement » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Curse of Doom was reported to not correctly spawn the Doomguard at a rate of 5%-10% as the player implied. We need more evidence regarding the spawn rate of Doomguard when target is killed by Curse of Doom damage.
Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Re: Warlock - Curse of Doom + Doomguard

Postby Kainnee » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:43 am

I don't know the actual numbers, but I came to the impression that CoD doesn't spawn a Doomguard at all an Rebirth. Afaik the spell is bugged in default mangos. I killed 100+ mobs with CoD and not a single Doomguard spawned. It was never revealed by Blizzard how high the chance to proc really is, 10% may be a bit high, but it's definitely more than 0. I'd set it to 2-5% and see how it feels.

"Anecdotal evidence". On retail I had 4-5 doomguards spawn every elemental farming session in silithus. On Rebirth I haven't been able to summon a single Doomguard via CoD. Did any other Warlock manage to get a Doomguard from CoD?

€:

Ok, I did some further testing and would like to have some information before I do any more research: What is the current % to spawn a Doomguard from CoD? Because I'm fairly certain that the spell is completely broken atm. I did a long farming session today, killed several hundred mobs for essences and pearls. I basically used my CoD on CD and I couldn't get a single Doomguard to spawn.
There are no accurate values for CoD. The real proc chance was never revealed. You HAVE to take "anecdotal evidence" into account or this spell will remain completely broken.
aka Zerkee on Horde.
Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Re: Warlock - Curse of Doom + Doomguard

Postby Judgement » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:52 pm

This has been added to our internal tracker, closing.

Return to “Bug Processing”