Help us to help you!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Priest - Spirit of Redemption

Postby Judgement » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:45 pm

Original ticket:

The holy priest spirit form is bugged. I'm sometimes stuck after the spirit form faded (I can still cast if I have mana). Other players can still attack me in WSG, but I don't take any damage and I can't die + I can't move). This bug happens A LOT and it would be nice if you could fix this ASAP with a high priority. This bug is the reason why no one specs this shit. BTW: You need to relog to fix the bug, or you can't do anything anymore.

Require reliable ways of reproducing this issue.
Protcow
Voice of Hogger

Re: Priest - Spirit of Redemption

Postby Protcow » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:16 am

Finally a bug section for the forum! <3

Spirit of Redemption has a lot of bugs. This is what I know about the bugged spirit form and the "bugged state":

• Your spells still cost mana, but you can cast heals as long as you have enough mana. [Bugged Spirit Form + Bugged State]

• You will be in a bugged state after your Spirit of Redemption buff ended or when you right-click it manually.

• You can attack the other faction in battlegrounds with your wand. It won't do any damage and it has no effect at all. [Bugged State]

• The other faction can attack you, but you won't take any damage. [Bugged State]
-> You are immortal in that state.

• You can't move your character. [Bugged State]

• You can relog to fix this problem
-> You will spawn as a ghost at the nearest graveyard

• I was once killed in Ironforge and decided to stay in that bugged state. My character spawned as a ghost at the Ironforge Spirit Healer after a couple minutes. (I don't know if this happened due to a GM or if my character got unstuck by itself)

• I was able to move as long as the working spirit form lasted. This only happened once to me in a WSG, and I don't know why it happened. (Maybe because I spammed the jump button?) [Working Spirit Form]

I hope this will help you to find the problem.
Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Judgement » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:35 pm

This post is not about the multitude of bugs in regards of SoRedemption. It's about possible ways to reproduce the bug so we can track the cause of it.
Protcow
Voice of Hogger

Postby Protcow » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:25 am

Miang
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Miang » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:19 pm

I haven't yet been able to figure out any in-game cause of it, but it has seemed to me that when my connection was acting up (laggy & possibly increased packet loss) it may have been happening more frequently. Perhaps it's a client-server de-synch/communication issue.
Jehova
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Jehova » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Might not be the most proper post to ask this on, but since I can't confirm it myself I don't think making a new topic on it is appropriate.

So before I took my break, I was playing Shadow Priest pretty extensively raid wise, and there where some bugs I reported back then I'm wondering if they got fixed, because it was utterly painful to try and be a Spriest in raids.

1. Mindflay being canceled when debuff list is full and a new one getting added, Mindflay should have prio and not be canceled.
2. Shadoweave Debuff being overridden by things like Rend when max debuffs is reached, has to do with debuff priority.
3. The above again but then with Devouring Plague and Shadow Word, both get overridden by things like Rend and even the weaker Warlock buffs, this while the system for damaging buffs should prioritize the highest damage DoT and either override the lowest or simply not apply the new DoT if it does less damage then the running ones.

To be clear, this has a lot to do with 2 things :

1. The system doesn't recognize the difference between a debuff and dot, Debuffs, like Shadoweave should get priority over a DoT.
2. The system doesn't recognize which DoT does more damage overall (not to be mistaken with how much damage is left in a DoT, this should be based upon it's total damage when casted).
(3). Also something to keep in mind, special exception for channeling spells like Mindflay even when only debuffs are taking up all slots if the above is properly implemented.

But like I said, these where issues before I took a break, so my first inquiry would be, has this been handled yet ? Because one of the reasons contributing to my break was the fact that Spriest was unplayable in raids due to the above.
Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Judgement » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Yeah, it's not proper post to ask for this. This is entirely about Spirit of Redemption and ways to reproduce the issue so we can find the root cause.

Return to “Bug Processing”