Hunter - Pet abilities

Help us to help you!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Hunter - Pet abilities

Postby Judgement » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:18 pm

There has been some reports every now and then in regards of hunter pets losing their abilities. We need a solid way to reproduce this issue and as much information in regards of when and how it seems to happen.
mosotti
Voice of Hogger

Re: Hunter - Pet abilities

Postby mosotti » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:29 am

My pet lost all the abilities after a disconnect. I was flying from Stormwind to Duskwood, just when to land I got disconnected. When I relogged, I was flying back to SW at a very high speed, then back to Duskwood, then back to SW, so I logged out, relogged, then I fell and died somewhere at the border with Elwynn Forest. When I called the pet it had no abilities, I had to train him again with Beast Training.

I also found a bug when the pet bar is gone. Open the Pet Details window and do a "/reload ui". The pet bar is gone. I had Bartender2, but it happens without it as well. Using "/reload ui" or "/reload" again doesn't bring it back, need to relog to make it appear.
Bowflinger
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Bowflinger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:44 pm

I am not a native English speaker, so if you find some mistakes please do correct me. How else am I supposed to improve?
Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Judgement » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:31 pm

This thread is about bug related to hunter pet losing it's abilities entirely, not ability bar disappearing, that is another topic.

Still need ways to reproduce this issue.
Cutie
Voice of Hogger

Postby Cutie » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:54 pm

my case was extremely similar to OP. I think it even was on Wednesday, I got d/c flying from Theramore to GZ, this was after a period of a lot of disconnects that happened this week (I think it was Wednesday at least). when I landed I stayed mounted on the bird, and had to alt-f4 out.

and when i logged back on my pet had lost all abilities and gotten no TPs back
Ecg1
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Ecg1 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:46 am

This has never happened to me in over a year of playing here.
merricke21
Voice of Hogger

Postby merricke21 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:31 am

Hello my pet has no abilities, i do not even have the option to view my pets spell book tab when I open my spell book.
Zookeeper
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Zookeeper » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:16 am

Ekaterin
Voice of Hogger

Postby Ekaterin » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:39 am

My case was very similar - I disconnected while flying from Tanaris to Un'goro. When I logged back in, it seemed like I finished the flight, but I did not dismount and seemed to be stuck on the gryphon. I could move around just fine, but relogged to try and get rid of the bug. I ended up in the air over Marshal's Refuge, fell, and died. When I rezzed and summoned my pet, all its abilities were gone. None of its talent points were refunded, so I had to go to the pet trainer and have it unlearn everything so I could reteach them.
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Smullik already posted this in the hunter issues thread, but I figured it would be worthwhile to also post it in the pet issues thread, since it's a pet issue. The problem is that the 5/8 set bonus of the Dragonstalker t2 set should give your pet 40 more stamina (400 hp). The cap is indeed increased, but when using mend pet to heal the pet to full hp it will automatically drop back to the old hp after a second or so. It's not a gamebreaker, but it used to work just fine so it must have been broken during a patch.

Ways to reproduce:
Hunter summons pet
Hunter wears 5/8 t2
Pet recieves Nature's Ally buff, max HP is increased
Hunter casts Mend Pet
Pet recieves healing, then health is immediately reduced to pet's HP before recieving buff

Thanks to Smullik for this info!
Nickje, the hunting cow

Return to “Bug Processing”