Cousy
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Re: Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (AQ40)

Postby Cousy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:33 am

HillsonHoof
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby HillsonHoof » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:10 am

The amount of work to code and tune properly such a raid is really tremendous. You may either have multiple raid testing sessions, source gathering and hopefully many part time devs to approach the best Vanilla experience you can. Or you can (and I'm started to think that it's quite a viable answer to that whole issue) tune the whole thing extremely high, by having bosses doing an insane amount of dmg and requiring a real dps check (hp pool / enrage timer). I know that's something some private servers are using to create an artificial difficulty when game mechanics are obscure and hard to code properly.

Maybe that's a solution here, keep bosses as they are in their current state, and just give them a 1000% hp / 300% dmg boost. This way top guilds could face a real challenge and maybe that would give us all a little competition and something to aim for. Perhaps it's time to resurrect the x5 but for raid content, you chose in the beginning which version of the raid you want to play. If some people wants the "easy" version they could just play x1 (or the current AQ20/40 versions), if they want something a little bit harder they could upgrade the raid to x2 => x5.

EDIT: To clarify, because I already sense people coming with the "free loot!" thing. Most of the guilds raiding AQ40 already got some free loot in DisneylandAQ early versions. I don't care about loot, and most real PvE challengers shouldn't (except in the fact that gear is enhancing their abilities to face harder content) so don't use that as an argument. It's Vanilla and we're a small server, I think people that want to show their big e-penises in Orgrimmar already had plenty of time to do it, and would still be able to show their Dark Edge of Insanity in due time.
Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Kainnee » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:25 am

aka Zerkee on Horde.
Jimjam
Voice of King Gordok

Postby Jimjam » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:51 am

Atreyu
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Atreyu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:19 pm

Its kainee, would you expect anything else, Jim?
Betsy
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Betsy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Jim I think what Kainnee was trying to say is:

Y'all shit.

:3
Wipeout
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Wipeout » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Viscidus poison volley is LOSable, shouldn't be. Just killed him like Chromag/etc super easily
Noklar
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Noklar » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:22 pm

C/D: Twin emps is a loot piñata
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Last sunday in AQ we found Skeram to instantly kill people at random. So I browsed through my combat log and noticed a double 4k earth shock from the prophet itself and an "unknown", possibly one of the clones. It could of course be coincidence but I saw a lot of people dying to this. Can anyone confirm/deny if this is how it's supposed to be? I've never played on the official servers and don't have experience in finding evidence.

Nickje, the hunting cow
Kadol
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Kadol » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Return to “Bug Processing”