Oil scams

You're offering some goods, looking for new stuff? Here's your market place.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Mand
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Oil scams

Postby Mand » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:32 pm

I've got to say I'am really salty about this issue. Last night I bought some oils from AH, only to find out this morning I have been scammed, and bought 1 charge oils for full price. I know you can see the charges when you buy things, but it really is shitty attitude to scam on such a small server.

Not sure what is your guy's position on the subject but here's people i've seen that try scamming:

[Removed the names]

I really think we should foster the community we have. And such behaviour shouldn't be condoned.
Last edited by Mand on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iolumad
Voice of Hogger

Re: Oil scammers

Postby Iolumad » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Welcome to the Internets...
Mand
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Mand » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:45 pm

I recognize the naivety of the post. But I do hope that by highlighting the issue we can reduce it's severity.
Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Kainnee » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Nothing you can do about it, it's not against any rules to put up stuff on the AH for a price of your choice.

It's usually the same people trying to make money with this and I end up not buying anything from them, even if I need it and it would be more cost efficient to buy it than farm it myself.
aka Zerkee on Horde.
Mand
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Mand » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:18 pm

That's an excellent idea! :goodpost:
Renascentia
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Renascentia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:22 pm

If you play alliance I have characters that I personally own that can craft pretty much every consumable you may require. Tabby is my main, but its not hard to search for renascentia members and ask if I am online. Happy to make items for free, time allowing, or indeed you can mail me and order items by attaching the materials required. I can guarantee I will never scam a player out of anything.

If you play horde there are also some very fine players around that will craft for free, I have personally been helped by dozens of members of hate over the years and none have demanded any fee for crafting, but offering a small tip is always polite.

My personal opinion is that the AH prices have super inflated in the recent months, and you should be cautious about buying anything without being skeptical of the price. You do get some very honest prices, but you also get some items at insane rates.
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Those people take the effort to auction it just so people who need some stuff in small quantities can quickly buy it. To publicly call these people scammers seems rather insulting to me. If you don't want to pay the price of the AH then don't and go farm yourself but stop complaining. You should change the topic name to "scammed by the AH" lol.
Nickje, the hunting cow
Quietriot
Voice of Hogger

Postby Quietriot » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:30 pm

With the recent hike in respec costs and the tiny economy - people need to be smart in all areas - posting and buying. Don't hate the player hate the game.
Mand
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Mand » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:10 pm

If they can sell 1/5th of the product for full price, what reason would they have to sell the full product? It's indeed quite offensive to openly label people on the forum just because you aren't paying attention, especially on a small server you are giving them a bad name while they don't deserve that for simply trying to make some gold on the AH. You can still edit your original post if you change your mind.
Nickje, the hunting cow

Return to “Trade”