New to game need to know how to install addons

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Rockpea
Voice of Hogger

New to game need to know how to install addons

Postby Rockpea » Tue May 03, 2016 5:12 am

So in my addons folder in Interface I have a ton of addons but none work and in the login screen there isn't the addon button to manage so I'm not quite sure how to get my addons to work. I did some research which led me here, http://augamers.com/downloads.shtml and I followed their instructions to extract a file of a bunch of addons that should work with vanilla, but I logged in and nothing changed so I am currently stumped.
ByteKnight
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: New to game need to know how to install addons

Postby ByteKnight » Tue May 03, 2016 10:34 am

It really is as simple as downloading them and putting them into the addon folder. With no button on the login screen, you meant the character screen yeah? Never heard of anything like it, maybe reinstall the client, don't know what else could help :/
Zyokk - Shiroe - Chask
Screaminhotdog
Voice of Hogger

Postby Screaminhotdog » Tue May 03, 2016 7:56 pm

When you download the file it will be in zip form. Make sure to extract it before putting it in your addons folder. Zipped files will not work.
Branch
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Branch » Thu May 12, 2016 11:13 pm

If you're able to get them to load, but unable to select which you want for a specific character then there is a clever little addon called AddOnOrganizer. That will allow you to manage your addons through your in-game menu.

However if none are able to load any at all this won't be of much help.
Deoffrey
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Deoffrey » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:37 am

A lot of add-ons are in too many layers of folders. I've found for some you need to take it out the first layer. Also be sure to set your permissions of your files to full control. Also make sure "read only" is unchecked. Lastly running the game as administrator when you have made changes can help as well.
http://www.twitch.tv/tamaman89
Also known as Grimhorn. :-)

Return to “Addons & Macros”