The War Effort Reinforcement

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

JinxedLovesYou
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Re: The War Effort Reinforcement

Postby JinxedLovesYou » Wed May 18, 2016 12:04 pm

Frankly, experience boost is as horrible idea and animated smiles for forum (as well as using them on front page).

That's pretty much how modern wow started.

"Hey, guys, lets make leveling easier?"
"Hey, guys, lets make aggro mobs less aggro?"
"Hey, guys, lets introduce heirlooms and other leveling bonuses?"
"Oh, shit, we made leveling boring - let's now charge our players 20 USD for a character level boost so they efficiently will skip over the big part of the game?"

And, frankly, I am afraid that this is going to severely affect my exploration and leveling parts of the game.
The biggest concern is difficulty to find people for Deadmines - I suspect it to be challenging given, but we will see about that when I get to that.
Jimjam
Voice of King Gordok

Postby Jimjam » Wed May 18, 2016 12:07 pm

JinxedLovesYou
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby JinxedLovesYou » Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

And exactly what I was afraid of did actually happen - it is nearly impossible to find an instance group.
I decided just to stop playing until this is over.
bikeflexxer
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby bikeflexxer » Mon May 23, 2016 1:12 pm

JinxedLovesYou
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby JinxedLovesYou » Mon May 23, 2016 2:39 pm

Are any of them deadmines?
Branch

Postby Branch » Mon May 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Jimjam
Voice of King Gordok

Postby Jimjam » Mon May 23, 2016 3:13 pm

:goodpost:

Branch. You're my favorite lightning wielding squirrel.
JinxedLovesYou
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby JinxedLovesYou » Mon May 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Why, you are going to bash me as Kryphic was bashed a bit earlier in the same thread?

I was not here to witness the need for pupolation boost and I get that need.
What I do not get is your appeal to the past in this case.

>No one predicted that Nost would roll over to a Bliz C&D letter.
>No one predicted that Kronos would become what it has.

Why would you need to predict the past? Currently, Nost did roll over. Kronos did became what it is.
And also after a brief research I realised that there are only three more or less decent severs that offer x1 vanilla. Or at least claim to offer.
One being Kronos, other being this and last one being stagnant russian one.

Rebirth got it's playerbase boost already to be viable and has friendly enough playerbase to hold what it got.
And, as mentioned above, fraction of current playerbase is not satisfied with current boost situation seeing it as a false advertisement and unnecessary in current situation measure.
Branch

Postby Branch » Mon May 23, 2016 4:57 pm

I didn't "bash" you. I was remarkably civil considering the tone you've taken on this forum so far. Don't act like a victim after posting in an aggressive and sarcastic tone and then receiving terse responses. Kryphic started by attacking people, then got all hurt when people fought back. Just stop this whole victimhood thing and act like adults please.

I mentioned in my post that the GMs and Devs are reassuringly consistent. That's a really REALLY good thing. They have built a solid reputation for saying they're going to do something, and then doing it. In the landscape of private servers, that's pretty rare. I can do nothing but commend them for that. I would willingly trade 3 more weeks of 5x xp (along with the whinging that comes from players such as yourself) for the continuation of that reputation than have them give up because a few rude players posted complaints on the forums.

And on that point: the War Effort should be all over in a few weeks. It's only a few weeks! Go outside or something. Take a walk and calm down a little.
JinxedLovesYou
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby JinxedLovesYou » Mon May 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Neither did I say that you are bashing me, I was referring to what happened in that thread previously.

I do not see myself acting agressively. I sure do see you coming to resort of ad hominem way too often, though, first trying to belittle my opinion by claiming it to be whining and then you are going to counter-argument that I am agressive, when I point it out for you?
Now would you be so kind to point out where Kryphic attacked anyone in his post? I am re-reading that post and I fail to see attack on anyone.
I see a rather emotionally worded, but still a valid concern for the future of this project - as well as he tried to be respectful while making his opinion known.

I do not actually have data and further is speculation, but here is a scenario of which I am afraid:
Currently, there is a slow supply of refugees from Kronos, looking for alternatives while the project they came from suffers problems.
Portion of refugees leaves server after learning of x5 rates, which were actually advertised as x1 on main page of the Rebirth project and information on current event is not available after a quick glance over the website or ever made known to player without assistance of other payers while in game. That is actually wrong on several levels - being false advertisement and somewhat deceptive.
Other portion, perhaps larger, will stay and continue to play.
In one and a half week, or perhaps sooner, Kronos claims to fix their problems - hence supply of refugees will be hindered severely, since while having as wonderful community and server Rebirth fails to provide actual vanilla experience.
Portion of aqcuired refugees may and will most likely return for the very reason stated above.
Being as consistent as they are, Rebirth administration keeps the rates where they are until war effort is complete - which is indefinate amount of time, during which stagnation slowly settles in.

The question is - will there be enough players to assure growth of playerbase by spreading the word and actively playing or will it slowly stagnate?
Honestly, I have no idea and concerned of stagnation and slow decay of playerbase. Since I neither have experience in running the server, nor have the neccessary data to make educated guess. Nor I have actually viable and comparable to Rebirth alternatives if worse-case scenario actually decides to happen.

It is quite alright to be consistent sometimes and stand by your word, but sometimes current events require to reconsidier available options.
One does not simply bash rock with the shovel just because there was dirt when he started to dig the hole - one adapts to situation and changes his tool to more appropriate.

Now how about we try to act as adults and adress those concerns instead of trying to regulate amount of fresh air I get?

Return to “News”