NEWS about recent login issues and the future!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

Muggle
Admin
Admin

NEWS about recent login issues and the future!

Postby Muggle » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:49 pm

The recent login issues we had (login server started hanging at around 1000 ppl being online) have been resolved. Thanks to andkem! :thumbsup:

As we see the amount of players rising fast in game and we need to have some discussion inside the team about our options and goals for our server, we have made two decision for now.

- Game server cap of 1500 is applied.
- Game account creation is no longer suspended and working again!

We'll keep you informed about any further decision we'll make.

Thanks for your understanding.
Steyr
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Re: NEWS about recent login issues and the future!

Postby Steyr » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:12 am

That is a very controversial decision and you should expect a lot of drama about the account creation status. We already have different opinions on the topic in our guild. Meanwhile, having a choice between a "smaller" limited community and a larger one that keeps crashing on you every time you attempt to run a dungeon, I personally would stick with the former.

While the final say on how we shall develop depends on the staff, I did have a feeling 1000 player community being reasonably large, without extreme downsides of overpopulation. Some people even felt it is too crowded.
broko
Voice of Hogger

Postby broko » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:41 am

Thank you for notifying us.

I, personally, think your decision is a good one. A hard one, but definitely in the right direction.

Allowing the server to be open for a huge number of new players (especially with the influx, caused by Nost shut down) will ultimately bring them, along with a ton of instability and lag.

Closing account creation until better hardware is obtained, or software issues are resolved, translates to taking care of your current players, the ones that have spent the most time on your server. That's the better option, I think.

I'm also pretty happy that I made my account a few days ago and plan to play here for a long time. It seems the server owners want it to be a good place and are doing whatever they can.

Thanks!
Diarchus
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Diarchus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:56 am

Great. I don't care if it's 'controversial', primarily because the server stability and quality matter. It is not about accommodating everyone who wants to be on a private server. Further, the community doesn't even pay to play. So, really not any validity to drama or complaints.

I see how the tide destroyed Kronos and I'd hate to see that here. Good players who need a good server? Yep. A ton of players no one would want on a server, too? Yep.

That's the Kronos II experience.
MsBehaving
Voice of Hogger

Postby MsBehaving » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:27 am

How long is account creation going to be suspended? This is going to completely destroy the leveling experience that rebirth & other private servers offer IF it stays that way too long

How is the server queue going to be handled? Are level 5+ characters going to get priority? seem to like that idea
Alliance - Msbehaving (Human Priest)
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:36 am

Closing the account creation cannot be a permanent decision. ATM we have a lot of new people trying to gear up and that's why the peak is constantly high. But we will need new people in the future to not let die the low level experience and to replace people leaving the game again. A lot of players are done at some point, for many the game is finished if they cleared content a few times and move on to other games. If most people have completed the pre raid grind for items, they will reduce there online time too and concentrate more on raid times. A player cap is fine, but you should re-open the account creation.
Koopa
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Koopa » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:47 am

I see how the cap might help solve some of the current problems, but closing account creation seems to be counter-productive. Seeing it closed is very concerning from a recruitment standpoint. Considering the extremely high turnover on private servers, new guilds rely on fresh blood coming into the server to survive. People quit all the time, but new players stop coming in. This is also negatively affects current players that aren't having a negative influence on server population (i.e. creating bank alts).

Have you considered placing more preventative measures to limit multiboxing as a means of population control instead of scaring new players away from server. It's sad to hear I can't convince old guildies to roll on The Rebirth, but someone that has been here for years with multiple accounts can run around 5 boxing alts.

I'm hoping closed account creation is only temporary.
-
Atreyu
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Atreyu » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:51 am

Vexul
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Vexul » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:25 am

As others have said, online cap of 1500 is one thing, and a good idea for the time being... but suspending account creation is a very bad idea. That won't help the issue, and it can actually screw up what you have goin for you right now.

I'd strongly suggest removing the account creation suspension ASAP.
- Vexul, 60 Warrior
Uklug
Voice of Hogger

Postby Uklug » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:06 am

It would be nice if everyone who signed up would at least be allowed two game accounts to be able to have characters on both factions. I joined recently and didn't realize until now that I couldn't make horde and alliance characters on the same account. Now I'm stuck having to pick a side.

Return to “News”