NEWS about recent login issues and the future!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

Betsy
Voice of Princess Theradras

Re: NEWS about recent login issues and the future!

Postby Betsy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:29 pm

Bike only one here with an actual brain.
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Lwerewolf
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Lwerewolf » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:59 pm

bikeflexxer
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby bikeflexxer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:46 pm

The GM comment is there, bike. They solved the issues that causes the login server to stuck at 1000 people. They capped the server at 1500 people. They is not a single hint, that CREATING ACCOUNTS is leading into a server crash or that this ever was the issue.

If we cannot handle a higher number of players, we need a cap and a queue, fine with that. If we have enough players, we can turn off the xp buff to make it less attractive to reroll here. But disable it completely, is worst of all decisions. People are coming and going all the time. We don't even know how many people will stay after the xp event is done and how many are just creating alts at the moment.
Muggle
Admin
Admin

Postby Muggle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Update:

As we solved the login issues which let more than 1k players come online, we noticed an immediate surge of people, and decided to put a 1,5k limit to avoid bringing the current machine to its knees. We also decided to close the account creation temporarily as we've had several hundreds of accounts created each day, to make preperations to migrate to our new machine.
Once everything has been migrated we will increase the peak limit, but we are already prepared to re-open the account creation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Zardian
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Zardian » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:54 pm

good news, thanks to the staff you for you hard work!
Better known as Stromgar nowadays
Renascentia
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Renascentia » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:56 pm

copy of my post on FB group, help the staff to help us:
For those complaining about the issues recently with disconnects and lag. please CLOSE YOUR CLIENT when you afk, unless you know you will be back within 10-15 mins. Today I witness 20+ people AFK in IF, ported to SW to do an enchant and found another 10+. These "idle" accounts are part of the problem.
Then we have the multiboxers, from my perspective there is no harm in dragging an alt around or boosting them in an instance, but I have seen dozens of players with 3+ characters on follow.
You see 1000 accounts online, 10% of them are not actually being played and thats a conservative estimate.
I would like to see boxing limited to max 3 characters, preferable if it was only 1. I would like to see players be more considerate of others and close the account of their "alt" while doing an instance or BG.
Little things we as players can do to help the situation, Muggle and team are doing their best, yet the players seem to be complaining yet doing nothing to help.
I look forward to my incoming replies, I am sure most will disagree but I am not worried about speaking my mind, feel free to speak yours.
Epiclepsy
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Epiclepsy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm glad to see that you have decided to revert your stance on the account creation issue as I have a couple RL friends that might be joining the server this summer and I'm sure many people here have others who are interested as well.

On another note, what will the new player cap be when the server hardware is upgraded? I imagine the player peaks we see this summer will easily surpass 1500 people - of course you then you start to get into the topic of how many players is too many. One of the big reasons I never even bothered to join the Nost hype train is because 7,000+ people on one server is just too overcrowded and unplayable.
Nain
Voice of Hogger

Postby Nain » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:52 pm

IT'S THAT NIGGER NAIN :-) ;) :P :grin: :'( :lol3: :jester: :jump2: :party: :pc2: :pc2: :monkeys: :closed2: :closed: :funnypost: :whythis: :wasntme: :peace: :sign_lol: :goodpost: :welcome: :sleep: :read: :mix: :<3: :party2:

Return to “News”