Rebirth recruitment event

Hogger raid? Panda hunt? Here you find what you're looking for!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

If we were to have an event to attract new players, which option would you prefer?

Player initiated event, no staff involvement
6%
Official announcement, no bonusses
6%
Official announcement, standard quest xp event, only during weekends
No votes
Official announcement, standard quest xp event, one week every month
2%
Official announcement, standard quest xp event, continuous
12%
Official announcement, quest xp event with extra xp for elite/dungeon quests, only during weekends
14%
Official announcement, quest xp event with extra xp for elite/dungeon quests, one week every month
26%
Official announcement, quest xp event with extra xp for elite/dungeon quests, continuous
14%
Official announcement, instant lvl 20
2%
Instant lvl 60 with naxx gear, infinite gold, full GM commands enabled and a murloc pet
18%

Total votes: 50
Variola
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Re: Rebirth recruitment event

Postby Variola » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Variola

Postby Variola » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:25 pm

Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Here is an idea rather than making it a race for individuals, try making it a "GUILD EVENT" so that players have to form their guild and level it in competition with others on the realm to get the first 5 characters to 60 in a group picture. They would need min 6 characters to start the guild and if we limit the guild size to 10 players then there is potentially 5 or 6 groups all going at once. You could set up a 5 man perfect squad for dungeon running, you could all run aoe classes and just farm, you could have 10 players with 5 supporting and helping a main 5. This brings tactics and group forming and community aspects along with competition. This means you need not just one person with 20hrs a day to play, you need a group of players working together, probably in the same time zone and makes small pocket communities that will last into endgame.

If you planned this event on reddit, you could even enforce every guild must contain at least one new player to the realm. This integrates new and old folk and will naturally invite people into existing communities.
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:45 am

Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:58 am

Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:02 am

Variola

Postby Variola » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:32 pm

drzoidberg
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby drzoidberg » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:26 am

any news on whether GMs are gonna do one of these XP events or permanent rested XP?
Skubrew
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Skubrew » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:02 am

I wanted to point out what some of the other servers are doing to advertise. I am not condoning their approach but it will at least show what level of advertisement is out there to compete with.

Hellfire- Instant lvl 70 Event
Vengence- Horde Side XP event
K2- New content release
Retro, Truewow/Primal- Advertsing xfer options

I am sure I am missing a few. I don't agree with an instant max lvl event but you can see the amount of attention it has generated for Hellfire on /r/wowservers. If the server were to take opt to do something that is not blizzlike for a short duration (like an xp event) it could be messaged in a way that doesn't tarnish this servers name.

I really agree with vengencewow's approach to their XP event. They want to be blizzlike but understand they need people. A server with 100 people online is far from blizzlike. It is really disheartening to see messages in this thread where people seem to righteous to entertain the "Hype player". In every community there are loyal/consistent players and wishy washy ones. The world we live in has many less loyal people. We have to accept that dynamic.

P.S.- A race to 60 is a server event and not a recruitment event. It sounds fun but I agree with NIckje's earlier comments.
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:06 pm

Well, let's see how well the xp event for vengeance wow is working after a few weeks.

Return to “Community Events”