Rebirth recruitment event

Hogger raid? Panda hunt? Here you find what you're looking for!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

If we were to have an event to attract new players, which option would you prefer?

Player initiated event, no staff involvement
6%
Official announcement, no bonusses
6%
Official announcement, standard quest xp event, only during weekends
No votes
Official announcement, standard quest xp event, one week every month
2%
Official announcement, standard quest xp event, continuous
12%
Official announcement, quest xp event with extra xp for elite/dungeon quests, only during weekends
14%
Official announcement, quest xp event with extra xp for elite/dungeon quests, one week every month
26%
Official announcement, quest xp event with extra xp for elite/dungeon quests, continuous
14%
Official announcement, instant lvl 20
2%
Instant lvl 60 with naxx gear, infinite gold, full GM commands enabled and a murloc pet
18%

Total votes: 50
Twobutton
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: Rebirth recruitment event

Postby Twobutton » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:31 am

If you don't want to edit posts maybe you should just not edit the curse words out of my post? I don't see you removing comments on Wyke's goodbye thread even though people called him a shitty GM.

Good riddance. one less shit GM. Muggle is great but all you did was abuse your GM powers and throw tantrums on reddit. You should have never been a GM

Agree with Cojul 100%, Wyke you were a shit GM.

Thanks for the effort tho.

So this is perfectly acceptable, but i cant call a delusional player a retard? Some top notch logic right there. And before you go all delete mode on this i am not angry at all, I'm just trying to find the line between fine and not fine which apparently is on a weird place here on rebirth. Nobody gains anything from this turning into a grammar and politeness thread just let us talk.
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:25 am

Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:44 am

Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:07 am

Alright I realize I haven't actually given any argument why I think an XP bonus during the weekends or one week every month would be better than continuous boosting. In case of a continuous XP bonus, like last time with the 1-5x quest XP bonus, people will either start at the very beginning of the event and thus find plenty of other people to play with, or start at a random day and time, in which case all new players attracted by the event will be spread out over the duration of the event. So instead of making a continuous event, it could be better to have multiple start points, so if you're afraid there won't be anyone to level with, simply wait for the next subevent to start. Doing this every weekend might create some sort of weekend logging, which naturally is already happening, so that's why I voted for one week every month. Possibly one week every 3 weeks would work too. I think the message should be more on finding someone to play with while leveling and "reward" taking the scenic questing route over the hardcore grinding route than to speed up the process and get it over with. I understand 90% of the people have already leveled more than once to 60, but skipping this would turn this server into a funserver and there are other servers around if you're into that.
Nickje, the hunting cow
Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:27 pm

My personal opinion is that players should be able to use a .command to reset rested exp and nothing more. This is like offering players the chance to level to 60 i in around half the time, it affects normal and elite mobs in the same way and is not a huge boost like the 5x quest exp. Dungeons would be more beneficial than questing as all mobs inside are elite (generally) and players can either take part or not.

That is my player perspective.

I would rather not have timed events as I understand the complexities of the coding. This could become a permanent feature without rebirth being called a "fun server" as rested is naturally gained, we just dont make players wait offline for a week to let it max out. Players should also have significantly less problems with gold and items dont become redundant from quest rewards.

This promotes regular play on every day, it promotes elite/rare mob farming and instance running. This to me seems like a "meet in the middle solution" where the purists are not going to get overly annoyed, everyone has the option to level in half the time, and the benefits pay off regardless equally from questing to dungeon running.

This puts the onus on players to choose to level normally, where some of it is still under rested exp, or they choose to use the command when they like and level to 60 in half the time. You could make this a permanent feature without destroying the "blizzzlike" ethos, you just dont rely on players logging off for days to let it accumulate.
Fatsmcgee
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Fatsmcgee » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Thats still not enough.
Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Well I am more of a purist, I was just sharing my thoughts. I am happy to play 1x rates, but I am not your average PR player. "if" this was done there is no reason further promotions could run in the future or along side it, but as I am stepping down from the team soon, I will not be pushing my own opinions.
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:28 am

Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
Uggs
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Uggs » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:22 am

A TR wipe/reset is a bad idea from my perspective. I have too much invested. It is the main reason I refuse to join another server aside from the pals I know here.

The weekend only thing is limiting access to those who may work weekends. It won't have the effect you want I think.

The command for rest state is a good idea and I like it. A continuous thing and an option to choose. Originally the rest state was the normal rate of xp anyway. I would like to know what that this isn't enough.
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm happy with a x2 rested bonus, even though I don't think I can change the poll to include that. I would advise advertising it as a "permanent rested bonus" rather than x2, because it'll sound more blizzlike. I have a question about the rested bonus though, does it double XP gained from everything? Exploring, quests and kills or only kills? If only kills I will be less happy.
Nickje, the hunting cow

Return to “Community Events”