Rebirth recruitment event

Hogger raid? Panda hunt? Here you find what you're looking for!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

If we were to have an event to attract new players, which option would you prefer?

Player initiated event, no staff involvement
6%
Official announcement, no bonusses
6%
Official announcement, standard quest xp event, only during weekends
No votes
Official announcement, standard quest xp event, one week every month
2%
Official announcement, standard quest xp event, continuous
12%
Official announcement, quest xp event with extra xp for elite/dungeon quests, only during weekends
14%
Official announcement, quest xp event with extra xp for elite/dungeon quests, one week every month
26%
Official announcement, quest xp event with extra xp for elite/dungeon quests, continuous
14%
Official announcement, instant lvl 20
2%
Instant lvl 60 with naxx gear, infinite gold, full GM commands enabled and a murloc pet
18%

Total votes: 50
Metalla
Voice of Hogger

Re: Rebirth recruitment event

Postby Metalla » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:49 pm

2 reasons why I joined the TR:
- x5 xp event
- 3vs3 WSG and 5vs5 AB

Had the best time on BGs here since Nostalrius... still want my rank11. :'(
Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Nickje, the hunting cow
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:39 pm

Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
Hark2864
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Hark2864 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:43 pm

I think that having an event for there to be x3 XP for anyone under lever 30 for a few weeks could do it. it would attract a lot of new players.
Hark Silverthane, the best Paladin in all of Azeroth.
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:45 pm

Honestly you could just start with something and watch how its going. You need something for attention and that people give this server a chance. The 5x quest stuff was far overtuned and just to make sure we can finish war efforts in reasonable times. No one expected Nost to die and people didn't joined/leveled an alt because it was exactly 5x xp. It was because it was a buff. With optional perma rested xp you can still very easy tag kill mobs with your main to rush an alt and new people can level faster without getting in to much trouble. And yes, the note "optional rested xp available" sounds less like a cheap fun server as xx rates.

But you should keep a sharp eye on bots. Most likely the biggest impact on the population if you offer additional kill xp.
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:42 pm

Fatsmcgee
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Fatsmcgee » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:58 pm

With the amount of quality private realms out there nowadays, you have to do something extreme enough to 'grab market share' away from the others. A shitty 2x event isn't gonna do that. It's gotta be extreme enough for people to take notice and feel the need to jump on it ASAP. Take for example when kronos did their 7x event. That was an exp event done right, it was attention grabbing. People that played on other servers jumped on it to really give the server an honest go. It let you see the zones you wanted, it was super fun to have to choose which skills to buy balanced with what little gear you had. It was the most fun I ever had leveling in WoW.

The low and slow exp event just kind of helps people that are already here leveling, it will in no way at all convince people to roll here to try out the server. Even at 2x it would still take a few weeks to hit 60 unless you crank 8hrs+ a day(which if you have that much time for a game, the exp event is irrelevant to you in the first place). 99.99% of all action on TRB is at lvl 60. You still have to spend weeks and weeks to get there just to finally start seeing if the server is worth anything. Most people just aren't willing to risk that much time investment.

Those that are 100% entrenched in their blizzlike-stance won't like it, hell they might even quit, but that's fine. If your goal is to grow the pop and get it to a healthy level, you won't be able to please everyone. But in the current climate of private servers, this is the kind of thing you are up against. Either drastically commute the leveling process or you will struggle to seem appealing to someone that is already situated on another server.

This is why I don't think TRB will ever have a healthy pop. It needs drastic measures taken(5x quest exp is NOT drastic). Either loosen on it or just come to terms with a 150 peak pop from now on.
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:51 am

So as it stands, our options are

1. No bonusses, small chance of the event getting any attention.
2. Optional rested bonus command, increased chance for botters and or just solo grinders (kill XP is shared, quest XP isn't)
3. Optional quest XP bonus, x3 sounds about right and should require very little effort from the developers to adapt from previous events.

If we time the start of this event right, so somewhere after blizzcon when people are disappointed with blizz/nost (if they're not disappointed we have a bigger problem), we can scoop up a bunch of ex nost players hoping to continue their vanilla experience. I would also advise giving an end date right away as well. A few weeks or a month seems about right to me.

@Fallenseraph: I don't think I can edit the poll at all, but I think most people will agree that extra quest XP > extra kill XP.
Nickje, the hunting cow

Return to “Community Events”