NEW Handcrafted Community Event Rewards

Hogger raid? Panda hunt? Here you find what you're looking for!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

NEW Handcrafted Community Event Rewards

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:58 am

Notice: This thread is currently under revision and editing. The contents might change. Thank you for your patience.

Hello

Based on an idea from Variola, we will try to tweak the rewards system a little bit.

Competition-type events that award a single winner will now feature a new kind of community-supported reward, combining efforts from Staff and players.

From now on, i will be hand-crafting useful and / or cool craftable items, using player-donated materials.

The materials will all be legally obtained in the game and donated straight to me (mail to fallenseraph if you are Alliance or to Iceeyou if you are horde ) and i will be taking Screenies of the mails to prove their legitimacy.

Each item will be only crafted once, making them unique. A second copy of a same item would have to be crafted by another member of Staff, having their signature on it instead of mine.

These items will be banked by me and shown in screen shot format when advertising new competition events. They shall be mailed to the winner.

Items pending crafting will be displayed in this thread, along with the number of donation mats still missing to craft them. Any excess materials shall be returned to their senders if more than one person donates.

You may also use this thread (or a future poll) to give ideas or vote about what should be the next craftable BOE item that the community should band together to have us craft, or else simply vote who is the staff member you would like to see handcrafting the next event reward. We will do our best to talk them into participating !!!

The first item to be crafted to support the event system is :

FallenSeraph´s autographed bottomless bag (18 slots generic bag, BOE)

MATERIALS NEEDED:

Coreleather x2: Donated by Spachib.

Mooncloth x12: Donated by Variola

Large brilliant Shard x 2 Donated by Variola

Bolt of runecloth x8 Donated by Variola

Rune thread x 2 ... Donated by Variola

The pic of the item icon (with the signature, the only TR bag ever signed by a Staff member so far ) will be posted here once we put the mats together.. Then we shall offer it as reward on the next competition and only one player shall be able to win it.

I shall show you my amazing sewing skills !

Lets craft together !!!!

Have fun

FS
Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: NEW Staff autographed handcrafted Community Event Rewards

Postby hammered » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:28 am

fallen, your idea is good and it also gave me another one.

since i've suggested on a couple of occasions that rebirth should actually allow un-blizzlike features that create new activities for it's population I just figured out a more friendly solution to the "useless factions" revival.

Why don't you make an event that requires people to post screenshots of their reputation levels with different stupid factions (Ravenholdt Manor, Wildhammer dwarves, Syndicate, Steamwheedle cartel etc.) and reward the people with your crafted rewards? It will not be accepted by our "blizzlike police" if, let's imagine, a customly created vendor is made (including different reputation levels requirements for rewards) even if it sells only vanity/cosmetic items. But You doing it as an full-time ongoing event is totally fine, isn't it?

Yea, I know allies probably have 1 useless reputation more than hordes, but there're always your 4 racial factions, 4 goblin cities, Shen'dralar and 2 centaur factions.

(combos of factions can be considered achievement, as let's say "Goblin lover" for having all of steamwheedle exalted, and can possibly grant a bigger reward - cosmetic, crafted or donated (tho if you can show off and brag with it people would probably have more incentive) and you will see that atleast a couple of the constant IF/Org AFKers will move themselves down to Tanaris.
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:06 pm

hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby hammered » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:01 pm

Well, I already have my reward for getting exalted with wintersaber trainers.

Yes, there are people who have maxed some useless reps (tho there's no way to get to exalted goblins without repetition of quests - not after they fixed it long ago). But I was wondering if you could for example use/add the items that were left in the game from beta/GMs? Are they in the game overall, can GMs reach them? http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17968 is such an example, you can basically give that out to people, maybe as a token for some kind of future related event - distribution?
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:10 pm

Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:57 am

Its made

http://prntscr.com/d8nfz0

100% Community donated mats. (thanks to Spachib and to Variola for the mats. thanks also to Nickje and to everyone else who donated the spares. they are being sent back )

And unique.

To be awarded on the next single-player-style competition.

Thanks to everyone who donated !!!!
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

HELP! NEW items added to the TO-DO list!

Postby Fallenseraph » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:43 pm

Notice: This thread is currently under revision and editing, mainly due to the holidays making communication harder. The contents might change. Thank you for your patience.

Hello TRB fan-atics !

Thank you once again for the mats donated for the bag !

The signed bottomless bag will go for for 1st prize in the artwork competition ending feb. 1st.

So, since we are on the verge of approving a new way to reach the legit rewards, I now need to replenish them !

Angerr helped me come up with a cool list of legit items we can make together - Please read the body topic of this thread. You guys contribute the mats, and i contribute my recipes.

Every TRB community reward is stored safely in my bank and are posted here. Any player can ask me to see a SS of my bank at any time.

So, on with the list (And missing mats. Please donate! Any spares are returned to the senders by me . Send any mats in the list you might have to Fallenseraph (Alliance) or to Iceeyou ( horde) )

the numbers on the sides of each item are missing mats so far. I will also post donators names unless they request to be undisclosed.

Your donation is safe no matter how small - If a project is ever scrapped or fail, you get your items back anyway, i keep all mails.

All donations are screened, both when receiving or giving back mats on mailbox.

Updated Daily:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Lifelike Mechanical Toad ( http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=16044 )

Missing: (Raw mats, also accepting the engineering parts if you can make them, but so can I )

12 x Thorium Bar
4 x runecloth
1x gold Bar
1 x Rugged leather
1x Living Essence

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. BLACK GRASP OF THE DESTROYER: ( http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=22194 )

Missing: (please donate!)

8 x Large Obsidian Shard
24 x Small Obsidian Shard
8 x Enchanted Leather
1x Flask of Supreme Power

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. EBON HAND ( http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19170 )

Missing:

4 x Lava Core
7 x Fiery Core
12 x Arcanite Bar (Urgh i know...)
8x Dark Iron bar
4x Azerothian Diamond

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. DARK IRON PULVERIZER: ( http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11608 )

Missing:

18 x Dark Iron Bar (OOUCH!)
4 x Heart of Fire

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. CORE MARKSMAN RIFLE: ( http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=18282 )

Missing:

4 x Fiery Core
2 x Lava Core
6 x Arcanite Bar
2x Delicate Arcanite Converter (ouch)
2x Thorium Tube

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. THICK OBSIDIAN BREASTPLATE: ( http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=22196 )

Missing:

18 x Large obsidian Shard
40 x Small Obsidian Shard
12 x Enchanted Thorium Bar
10 x Essence of Earth
4 x Huge Emerald

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More to be added later. Weeeew!

Again, we are working on a new token system to ease tracking and access to community rewards. So as the mats are donated, I will thank the donators with a few of the tokens and explain in reply how they will work. Once I actually have at least one of the items ( Fallens bank should be empty on Feb 1st otherwise!)I will post the full token system here in public.

One more time, game mails to Event Manager: Fallenseraph (A) or Iceeyou (H).

The pictures of the items with signature go in here once a project is complete.

IMPORTANT: When donating any mat that is used in more than one recipe, please tell me which project you want to donate to if you care, AKA tell me which item you want your items to go to, which item you want made. If you dont then I will add them to the project that is nearest to completion.

Lets craft !!!!!

FS

Return to “Community Events”