NEW! TRB player characters Artwork Competition.

Hogger raid? Panda hunt? Here you find what you're looking for!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:14 am

Special credit to Nano for the idea (You sparked it in me even if you didnt directly talk about it !).

Hmm , ahem.

Hello Rebirthers

First of all, Happy 2017, again and again !

Let us start the year with the right foot, shall we? An out-of-client TRB event ! Fully played here in our forums.

We shall have a little competition here (Awards are at end of this post ! ) , for those who love their brushes, pencils, tablets, light pens, or even their mouse at vector software.

From today until the start of Febuary (Dec 31th, 2016 - Feb 1st, 2017) , submit your own drawings / paintings here (All in one post please, if more than one ).

The theme for the artwork competition is - TRB player characters.

By The rebirth Player characters, i mean any character other than a mob or NPC - Art of character(s) that are controlled by players. Alliance, Horde, or GMs / Other staff members ( I mean if you ever seen one of those, I havent... Jk )

Rules below (I will try to make it brief )

0 - First off, this is for fun. Chill. No one cares if you are not DaVinci or if you think that you are, or if you think that some other guy is not. Just have fun. To compete here you must be able to take criticism and to give it too.

1. You may post in this thread to submit your TRB player characters art (If more than one please submit all in one post, with separate links and comments if desired ). I will take one post per player for valid competitors .

2. You may also post in this thread to rate the artwork of another player (all pictures average, if more than one ). To be considered as valid, your post must name the player you are rating, then be a number between 1 and 10 , and finally a comment justifying your rating.

3. You are allowed to rate all competitors you see so far in one post, OR to post again / edit your post later to rate any new competitors who submitted their art after you already posted.

4. If rating, no hating.

5. You may not rate your own submission.

6. For the sake of organization, I will delete any post that is not either artwork for the competition OR rating for artwork of a competing player. Any question i find here I will answer by Private message, and then delete the post.

6 B: Please read rules 2 and 6, Posts with ratings out of the range, no comment, or from obscene / troll profiles will be removed. Cleaning up will get the post restored.

7. When submitting, you must submit your own artwork, signed by you. I dont mean that there is some site out there full of TRB pictures, but there are sites full of Pencil drawn Vanilla t2-clad warriors, etc, all ripe for adding just a signature. I will of course verify sources, google-image your links, mirror on editor and then google-image them again, ask around, etc. If anything is doubtful, i may be forced to ask for proof of legitimacy. (For example a sketch of the artwork before it was complete, id keep one if I were you). If I ask you for proof and you can not supply it, it can be disqualified.

8. Cant stress it enough, write the name of the character you drew on the pic, and please sign somewhere near.

9. On Feb. 1st (Like one month from now) I will collect all the ratings on all the competitors and apply the following system to determine score:

9A - First I will average the 1-10 ratings ( adding them all and dividing by the number of ratings given. Duuuh.). To keep quantity of ratings even, i will personally hunt people who did rate, but did not rate for all competitors, and ask them to come here and rate. This might delay the result a bit but its the best I can do. That will give me a "TR players average rating" for each competitor.

9B - I will then post here my own rating for each submission. Yes its my event, forgot? :P I will wait until the last day to make sure i rate everyone. That will publish a "FallenSeraph Rating" for each competitor.

9C - A competitors final score is

"( TR players rating + Fallenseraphs ratting ) / 2 " ,

rounded UP. (i hate rounding down. Got a problem? Deal with it. )

9D - Higher final score will be the winner, Second higher second place etc. Duh.

9E: On tie, we will try to untie using the sum of the results ( tr players score + fs score, not dividing by 2, not rounding anything ). If its still a tie, we will ask a special judge from Staff to untie.

10. AWARDS:

For first place:

http://prntscr.com/d8nfz0

Unique. There shall not be another !!!

For second place:

http://prntscr.com/dq7jaf

Same. Unique !!! This pic is merely illustrative, your toad will come from a new mats donation fund raising, and will not be soulbound, but will have my handcrafting signature. THIS ONE IS MINE!

For third place: (Working on it. Dont expect much !!))

Hope to see what you guys can do.

The competition is officially on..

See you !! (Assuming you draw your own self.... Lmao )

FS
Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: NEW! TRB player characters Artwork Competition.

Postby hammered » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Shanazon
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Shanazon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:40 pm

(Edit: Shanazon rated Hammered´s submission: 8 )

8 because I feel it is appropriate for Hammered's Donkeyface.

He looks sad cuz his pet got focused in BGs.
donkeyface
Voice of Hogger

Postby donkeyface » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:11 am

Shanazon

Postby Shanazon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:05 am

(Edit: Shanazon rated Hammered´s submission: 8
Shanazon rated Donkeyface´s submission: 9 )

rating Donkeyface's submission a 9....I like the use of color here....and the water cooler reference, because...mage.
spachib
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby spachib » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:15 am

Edit:
Spachib rated Hammered´s submission: 8
Spachib ratted Donkeyface's submission: 8

Ratings
Hammered's submission gets my 8 for talent
Donkeyface's gets an 8 for the luls XD
Netlike
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Netlike » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:36 am

( Edit: Latest post from Netlike. )

Netlike rated Hammered submission: 8
Netlike rated Donkeyface submission: 5

Hammered submission gets 8 from me
Donkyface gets a :sign_lol: and a 5
Gluton for the HORDE!!
Nanokie
Voice of Hogger

Postby Nanokie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:17 pm

I discovered last year I like sketching with charcoal. Favorite race to draw are gnomes and boomkins so expect a lot lol.

Shanazon

Postby Shanazon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:14 pm

EDIT:

UPDATE: Shanazon ratings:

Hammered: 8
Donkeyface: 9
Nanoki: 9

Nanoki's Portobello
a solid 9!

hand drawn, love it!
Nanokie
Voice of Hogger

Postby Nanokie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:52 am

FS EDIT:

Update: Nanokies latest ratings:

Hammered rating: 9
Donkeyface rating: 8
Piiskairmeli raiting: 8
FapFapFapFapFap raiting 9

Hammered submission: 9 - I'm a little jealous ! I've always wanted to do computer artwork. And, also ... you do a better job at hands then I do lol, I like the color detail too.

Donkeyface submission: 8 - Heh, saw that earlier and laughed Yup.^_^ I like how you even gave the water cooler a sword, kinda looks like another button the center one out comes water, pull this down and wait and see what happens next.

Piiskairmeli submission: 8 - I like your colors here. Your warlock pet is cute too!

FapFapFapFapFap Submission: 9 - Love it. Got me to laugh in the morning! I
Last edited by Nanokie on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Community Events”