EULA + 100% COMMUNITY SUPPORTED EVENTS REWARD SYSTEM:

Hogger raid? Panda hunt? Here you find what you're looking for!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Moordots2
Voice of Hogger

Re: EULA + 100% COMMUNITY SUPPORTED EVENTS REWARD SYSTEM:

Postby Moordots2 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:22 am

I personally found the Org Arena a very fun event. I thought it was a great mix of WSG/AB/(*gasp* TBC arenas). I think with practice this event has alot of great potential that both sides will enjoy for quite some time. For me tonight, I think the rules that stuck or made sense where:

1) safe zones only till Fallen (or other GM) says GO then everyone is fair game (expect those in the penalty box, a mechanism to deal with # imbalance for ranking reasons among others)
2) like James bond, you only live once (per water box)
3) spectators are encouraged but cant/shouldn't do more than /emotes, /say, /yell (you get the idea...)
4) mass resses after each reset (aka fast but quick regrouping period)

My questions/thoughts from today's event for the community:
1) when to call the reset? after all of 1 side dies? or after the water is taken? (aka should we further encourage people to run out of the caves when go is called)
2) after the reset, is~1 min pause enough (or too long?) for each side to rebuff, recompose, and discuss strats (and *cough* res pets)
3) this event was fun with 5-6 people, imagine it with 20 =D (aka should there be an upper bounds on the event and if so, whats a good number for that?)
4) should there be (very sparce) terrian with which to use for LOS? (you know for those certain alliance toons to annoy me with LOS =D)

So to summarize my thoughts:
This event was awesome, and I would love to have it again, thanks again fallen for organizing it!
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:44 am

Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
Retocyn
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Retocyn » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:04 am

Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:31 am

Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:07 pm

I think the event was great, and the ring of valor was just made for GM arena events! I do have a small issue with the caves though, multishots are very easy to enter there and kill people, also I've seen people ressing from out of there. It'd require a lot of petty refereeing that might ruin the otherwise brilliant game. What I suggest is to put some form of gate in front of the cave that causes LoS, in the same sense as the stratholm back entrance. If it's possible you can even put a lever somewhere that only you can pull to open the gates simultaneously. The game can also be made a bit more defensive by adding some obstacles just outside of the gate. Actually I've just come up with an even better idea that would be extremely cool. If it's possible to warp entire groups of objects, you may spawn and despawn entire arena settings with the press of a button, giving every match a different feel and giving certain group compositions more or less advantages. For example:

- Climbable objects like ramps in the booty bay sense (good for melee)
- Barrens layout with maybe 1 dead tree (good for ranged)
- A layout like the strat live barricades (favours defensive play)
- Something with lava, or just objects that do damage when you jump on them for example majordomo coals (basically favours not being stupid)
- Would be great to have an amphibious fight, maybe with a few small boats floating around.

If you're interested in something like this I'm sure I can come up with a 1000 more ideas :jester:
Nickje, the hunting cow
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Sunday, October 2nd, 2016

UPDATE:

Current Agents: (Currently accepting all donations to support the system, low and high level)

Alliance: Drzoidberg

Horde: Sylon (Alt of Azshka)

Thank you for your volunteer work making this system possible. Thank for all those who came before you or who may succeed you.

FS
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

New Craft Autographed Event rewards

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:46 am

Hello

Based on an idea from Variola, we will try to tweak the rewards system a little bit.

Competition-type events that award a single winner will now feature a new kind of community-supported reward, combining efforts from GMs and players.

From now on, i will be hand-crafting useful and / or cool craftable items, using player-donated materials.

The materials will all be legally obtained in the game and donated straight to me (mail to fallenseraph if you are Alliance or to Iceeyou if you are horde ) and i will be taking Screenies of the mails to prove their legitimacy.

Each item will be only crafted once, making them unique. A second copy of a same item would have to be crafted by another member of Staff, having their signature on it instead of mine.

These items will be banked by me and shown in screen shot format when advertising new competition events. They shall be mailed to the winner.

Items pending crafting will be displayed in this thread, along with the number of donation mats still missing to craft them. Any excess materials shall be returned to their senders if more than one person donates.

You may also use this thread (or a future poll) to give ideas or vote about what should be the next craftable BOE item that the community should band together to have us craft, or else simply vote who is the staff member you would like to see handcrafting the next event reward. We will do our best to talk them into participating !!!

The first item to be crafted to support the event system is :

FallenSeraph´s autographed bottomless bag (18 slots generic bag, BOE)

MATERIALS NEEDED:

Coreleather x2: Donated by Spachnib.

Mooncloth x12: Pending. Please donate! Excess donations are returned on the same mail.

Large brilliant Shard x 2 Pending. Please donate! Excess donations are returned on the same mail.

Bolt of runecloth x8 Pending. Please donate! Excess donations are returned on the same mail.

Rune thread x 2 ... pending....

The pic of the item icon (with the signature, the only TR bag ever signed by a GM ) will be posted here once we put the mats together.. Then we shall offer it as reward on the next competition and only one player shall be able to win it.
I shall show you my amazing sewing skills !

Lets craft together !!!!

Have fun

FS

EDIT: will copy this subject into a new thread to avoid messing the voucher and the unique reward systems together. Vouchers still go out for all other participants.
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:39 am

Holy shit, an 18 slot bag is worth more than all previous rewards combined! What super special hardcore killer event will this be rewarded for?
Nickje, the hunting cow
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Return to “Community Events”