NEW EVENT MODE: wpvp

Hogger raid? Panda hunt? Here you find what you're looking for!

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

NEW EVENT MODE: wpvp

Postby Fallenseraph » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:17 am

Hello TR event fans

Lets talk about the polls first.

Seems like Saturday wins as new events day, and seems like time stays as 8pm+ server time.

During this adjustment phase, we will try hosting an event on Friday and then again on Saturday, until we get a feel for the attendance.. I can not ensure that both agents will accept two voucher payouts per week though.

But one thing is certain as the poll is closed, the favorite event to return is WPvP.

Until now, we used the following format:

Alliance spawns at blue base with Alliance faction leader, Horde spawns at red base with Horde faction leader, both sides fought by attacking the enemy base until one leader was defeated.

To increase the frequency of PvP encounters, and also to spare DKs increasing the variety of maps we can use, however, we shall try the following change:

- Alliance spawns (and respawns) at blue base, Horde spawns and respawns at red base, without their faction Leaders.

- Red and Blue faction Leaders are spawned with their guards in a neutral coordinate of the same map (DK - free) , fighting each other and forcing both factions to race to their support.

In this mode, however, kiting the enemy boss away is an issue to be discussed, as kiting would pull both* bosses.

The other rules remain the same - If your faction leader dies, you lost, if you beat your enemies faction leader you win. But this mode makes it easier for me and for everyone else to see whats happening, and also to intervene both in your progression as well as hindering the enemy progression, instigating more pvp. To nuke the target or to slow down the nuking of your own leader by destroying the enemy team is a decision up to you. Also, this new mode nulls the old possibility of boss reset on a wipe - Bosses will still fight until one dies, factions presence will only speed up or slow down one side, making the event more dynamic..

So, lets try.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next Friday (October 7th, 2016 ), 8 pm Server Time.

Wpvp match.

Zone: Silithus (The pvp bases)

Middle point: ( NPC battle coordinate ): Undisclosed. (But away from the raid path if ppl are raiding )

EDIT: Giving it some thought, the new format may allow for bigger bosses even at lower attendance scenarios. They will not reset until one is dead.

This is a beta run.

I plan to have faster mini-events before or after this, if ppl are willing.

please que for a bg together or something while you wait if I am late or during event breaks

From this Saturday on, I shall be offering replays of events for those who could not attend the Friday Events, at least until the poll closes.

Have fun

FS
Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
SpectraQWERTY
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Re: NEW EVENT MODE: wpvp

Postby SpectraQWERTY » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:36 pm

"Moon shines upon the guilty, and the innocent alike."
Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Re: NEW EVENT MODE: wpvp

Postby Fallenseraph » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:30 pm

I wont quote you or else we will load one copy of that pic per quote.

I thought she had a dagger on her hand. but then again yes there are mage blades.

Probably. its just a silithus picture i like.
Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24

Return to “Community Events”