All good things come to an end

Your forum to discuss anything The Rebirth related matters.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Muggle
Admin
Admin

All good things come to an end

Postby Muggle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:08 am

Hey Rebirthers

We are very sad to announce that we will shut down The Rebirth. All of us have similar reasons why we can't keep going on indefinitely. We have to focus more on real life. Studies, work and family have suffered through all the years, by spending so much time working on the server. It's a decision that breaks our heart, cause we love this server and community but we have to bite the bullet. For us it is time to move on.

We'll keep the server up for another 2.5 months and pull the plug on Sunday 26th of march at 20:00 server time.

After the shut down we'll prepare to release the code and databases. All characters and account information will be purged before we upload it to github. It will hopefully be of use for any other vanilla server.

The Rebirth was founded the 21st of august in 2011. During all those years we have had lots of ups and downs. A bit of hide and seek playing with some weather disturbances and ignoring some things helped us survive. For more than 5 years we have worked on the server, developed code and improved the server with countless patches.

We want to thank the community who was a big part on our journey. Especially the core players who stayed with us, loyal through all the
troubles we had to face. You all were a big reason to keep going and not give in. You were awesome!

I want to thank all players who offered their playtime to help service the community as a Gamemaster. We had many Gamemasters who stayed many months and even years to help out. We spent many hours together, spent time talking and creating personal places on the server. Thank you for all the fun times we shared, the discussions and your service. Big thanks to:
GM Wyke, GM Judgement, GM Moffitt, GM Rexsanctorum, GM Varnis, GM Deca, GM Kyrai, GM Aithne, GM Athos, GM Ervile, GM Garand, GM Syles, GM Habu, GM Yoake, GM Octavian, GM Amateur, GM Lintora, GM Dejim and GM Thast.
Also thanks to Fallenseraph for the events you created and hold.

I also want to thank our developers who spent countless hours improving the server. Big thanks to dev Flof and dev Revontulet. Thank you for everything you did, especially doing those nightmare fixes you were asked for. ;)
A special thanks goes to dev Andkem who was always around when trouble occurred. Without him we wouldn't had been able to take over the server from Freakyuno in 2014 and relaunch after the downtime. Andkem deserves a big shout-out from all of us. So far he's the only one I've met in real life and I can just say, he's an awesome guy. I'm grateful for everything.

Next to countless bugs, the development status of The Rebirth leaves only Naxxramas being the last missing content. Unknown by the community especially Revontulet has already spent lots of hours fixing this great instance. According to him the status is about 50% done. It is far from being finished and there are endless bugs and wrong database entries, from wrong damage to missing armour and many more. Despite that we want you to give you the possibility to have a look at it if you want to. We've a poll to let you decide whether we should open the instance in that state or not. It's your call. Just keep in mind there won't be any fixes for it.

We wish you all the best for your future. We hope you can keep The Rebirth in good memory.

Take care and stay classy!

Love,
Muggle
andkem
Developer
Developer

Re: All good things come to an end

Postby andkem » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:14 am

I want to give my personal thanks to the community. It has been an honour
and a privilege to get to code for The Rebirth and play with you all!

The time spent on The Rebirth will forever stand out in my memory, both the
good times and the bad times. It was all worth it and I've met a lot of wonderful
people via this project and have had many hours of fun playing and coding.

A big thank you to everyone who makes up this server and made The Rebirth
go strong for all these years!

- andkem
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:39 am

:'(
Nickje, the hunting cow

, do check it out!
Epiclepsy
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Epiclepsy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:47 am

RIP. Been here since early 2012, almost 200 days played across my main and a few alts. Spent my time in a couple large raiding guilds and the core dps officer of one. It was indeed a bumpy ride but I've met a lot of great people along the way who I imagine I'll be talking to and playing other games with for a very long time. :-)

Lot of good memories here. Thanks for running the server, I know it was a lot of stress and work. Really sad the state of the server is what it is now. There was big chance for us to rebound with AQ and it flopped bad, shame! :closed2:
Last edited by Epiclepsy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phobia

Postby Phobia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:52 am

W T F !

Mind blown..

Community shafted..

Can't you just find someone to take over the server? I'm sure you were thinking about doing this for a long time and had plenty of time to find replacements. And now out of the blue you're telling us to pack our stuff and just leave??!

Who is going to play here for 2.5 months if everything is getting deleted anyway. Find replacements for your inability to continue the project, you had plenty of time.
Bradonja
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Bradonja » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:01 am

What Phob said, there's no incentive to play and develop characters here now that you know all that work will be deleted. You guys should've just surprise shut it down 1 day, this 2.5 months doomsday clock is just cruel :)
Codeine
Voice of Hogger

Postby Codeine » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:02 am

Started on rebirth on launch week. Rip in pieces Rebirth, many fun hours even years had on the server.

She said she'll release the database and code, people can start their own project with it if they want to.
Vier

Postby Vier » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:09 am

.-.-.-

-Viertzen
Cojultad
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Cojultad » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 am

Can't the project be passed off to another? Aside from population there is not a vanilla server out there that tops rebirth.

and now it's over, One of the oldest and most dedicated servers is to die?
Shanazon
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Shanazon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:13 am

I guess this means I'm done with WoW. Nost has been awful to me with 2-3k pings and I just don't have the wherewithal to lvl another boomkin. It's a shame I don't wanna play another class.

I'll miss you, TRB....good times were definitely had and friendships forged. It seems I answered the Naxx survey too soon as I'd seen that posting before the server closure one. Don't release naxx..just please pass the server dB and scripting to another project that will carry the torch.

<3 you all....and I'll miss you all!

BQQmy

Return to “General”