All good things come to an end

Your forum to discuss anything The Rebirth related matters.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Malliott
Voice of Hogger

Re: All good things come to an end

Postby Malliott » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 am

This has felt as though its been coming for a while, but I'd never thought I'd actually see it happen.
I have had so much playing with all of you and hope to still keep in contact with you.
Thank you for everything you guys have done, I've thoroughly enjoyed this little gem of a server in my relatively short amount of time here.

Battle.net: Malliott#2328
Steam: Malliott
Guild Master of
Series
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Series » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 am

Huge shout out to the Rebirth team for their love & support over the years. Rebirth was my first Private server, and it has changed my life! My friends & I were able to enjoy our favorite game together again - Thank you.

I made Series in Melbourne AUS in 2014 and brought him home to Alberta, Canada (we game all winter to keep our houses warm). I made a few cool posters of him in December (I had a feeling RB would be shutting down). This is currently 36"x24" in my living room!! http://imgur.com/a/Je6ms

Just a huge shout out to the Rebirth Team for giving us great service over the years - for free I might add.

My only note would be: If someone wanted to takeover/continue to project, I would be OK with that! Some sort of Token system would be needed. Might be nice to archive/immortalize player data somewhere in case someone is interested later down the road. Even if its on an external hard drive somewhere in Muggle's / Andkem's house

If folks have any other cool ideas on how to immortalize their characters (3D Models, authentic rebirth posters, etc)- I'm sure we're all ears
Virno
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Virno » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:23 am

I'm here since 4 months and reached 33day played in that short period. So, I'm not here since long time, but you all know how much i pushed to keep the server active and my played time prove it.
I loved the server since the start and played as much i could, without sleeping when it was necessary to let raid start.

My feeling about this Muggle post are all negative. Yes he and others worked to let us play and make this server very nice and obviously we all have to be thankful to them for this, BUT nobody asked Muggle to open a private server and moreover when you keep a private server up for so long you have responsibility towards all the players that joined it, after so much time the decision to close it or not it's not yours anymore.

I can only imagine the feelings of the player that are in this server since years, how u can just shut down everything they're done without even consulting them or try to think a way out? That looks madness to me.

Some of the players in this server have probably hundreds of day played, it's like to toss a big part of their life in the garbage.

Finding somebody else that wanna continue to admin the server is the only fair decision in my eyes. I'm quite sure that more then one will be ready to pay some good money for it.

And if you don't wanna do it for some reason i don't understand, i repeat myself, you've the duty and the responsibility towards all the players to find a way to save their efforts.

More than once I have heard that this server has lost its credibility over the years, i'm starting now to understand why.
Variola
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Variola » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:28 am

Any credibility the Rebirth had regained is now burned. Even if it could be passed on as some suggest and no doubt will continue to suggest, I think it's hard to see any recovery from this statement.

Sad for the loss. You kept it running relatively problem free since you took over the project, which is something commendable, considering the server history. Thanks for the game. Best of luck in your RL endeavors
Socko
Voice of Hogger

Postby Socko » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:32 am

]Muggle start a kickstarter, link it, and I will pledge at the very least $100.00 USD

I love you, I love rebirth, and without rebirth I will very likely fall to pieces.

for ur health
Shamone
Voice of Hogger

Postby Shamone » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:49 am

Thank you Muggle and the GM team for pouring so much love, attention, and effort into making a truly blizz-like server. I only look for top quality content and The Rebirth was it.

Thank you players for creating a strong, tight-knit community that I looked forward to grouping up with each time I logged on. It's a shame I never got the chance to join the Horde side as well.

Thank you for the fun memories and helping me remember what Classic WoW was like back in the day. Maybe someday I will be able to experience Naxxramas 40-man for the first time.

~Wuzzle

PS. Please reconsider shutting down permanently.
Saliya
Voice of Hogger

Postby Saliya » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:11 am

Sad to hear this, but understandable. Had a great time playing on this server. Loved the community! Thank you for all the effort you put into it.
Take care
<3 Saliya
Chalupabatmn
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Chalupabatmn » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:36 am

Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:52 am

Thanks for the chance for all the ups

Sorry for the many downs

I became a GM here to help a friend and to give my thanks to this server for the many years of fun. I dont feel like I accomplished either yet. It is too early.

I am bad at this "jump off the ship" thing so I will request permission to sink with it.

I shall be on if there is anything I may do for you guys

Lets play TRB!

Rune
Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
Shanazon
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Shanazon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:58 am

Sometime before the end, I'd love for the GMS to come on with their actual mains so we can all have a laugh about secrets well kept

Return to “General”