All good things come to an end

Your forum to discuss anything The Rebirth related matters.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Fallenseraph
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Re: All good things come to an end

Postby Fallenseraph » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:29 am

Community Events Sub forum: viewforum.php?f=24
Chabon
Voice of Hogger

Postby Chabon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 am

This breaks my heart. I had so much fun playing with you all. To all the <Murloc Holmes> and <Hate> homies, I hope our paths cross again.
Breakums
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Breakums » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:51 am

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan thanks for all the great times. If any of yall see me somewhere else please say whats up. When I started here vael had just come out but it was the only US hosted server around. US hosted private server makes this the greatest server I played on
Gregor
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Gregor » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 am

Best April Fool's ever, right??
aka Spookypants, aka the spookiest rogue on Rebirth
Bowie
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Bowie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:32 am

Man, i can't believe this, i'm shocked right now. :'(
I returned to the server after years of not playing and it seems that it won't last more than just a few months. I joined Blood Ravens and they were awesome with me, inviting me to raids and dungeons even when i suck in this instance of WoW, lol. It was a unique, refreshing experience, specially coming from WoW Legion.

Right now i am a current player of retail WoW and i can say for sure that Blizzard has no interest in opening a legal vanilla server, so i guess this is it for me. Still, i wanted to thank the staff for making this little place possible, i've been here since the very beginning and i had a lot of fun (almost 40 days across 3 characters, two of them which are 60).

My best wishes to everyone in charge of the server, and of course to all the great players around here! I hope we can continue our adventures somewhere else, but i know that, as soon i enter another server and see glitches everywhere (or constant xp or reputation boosts, ugh), i'll be out faster than a druid carrying the WSG flag. :jump:

Regards from Argentina
Thorbadin Fireheart
Netlike
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Netlike » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:45 am

:O Aaah man.. what can I say.

Thanks for everything! Had a great time here and made some friends. I wish you all the best!

See ya guys around!
Gluton for the HORDE!!
Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:40 am

I know I have been gone as a GM for a while but I thought I would make a quick comment, was an honor and privilege to game with you wonderful folk, it was hard at times to GM but it was always rewarding. Made some very good friends along the way and hopefully we shall cross paths in the future somewhere. Special thanks to muggle and the gm's I worked with over the years, I learned a great deal and I will never forget my 5 years on rebirth.

:gone:
Cojultad
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Cojultad » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:51 am

Appreciate everything you did Muggle, This was the best vanilla server on the scene, You preserved the closest and most accurate vanilla scripting of any server available and I have had a lot of fun playing here, Raided countless raids and met many people who I still hang out with to this day. I don't want to see this go, It's been a great journey and its thanks to you.
hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby hammered » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:45 am

I refuse to believe it, but I get I will slowly craw towards acceptance until the time comes.

Wish all of you guys the best.

Thank you, Muggle for prolonging the server life for quite long. Will hardly forget our little beach/desert trip to Silithus that one time :P
Thank you, selected few of GMs (you know who you are).

That one time in my life when I saw a TR ad on some long-gone vanilla guides site and clicked it will always remain in my mind as a turning point that brought much good memories, cringes and cries, furious debates and lengthy sweettalks, cursing and trolling, friendship and rivalry, bubbles and hearths, trolling and theorycrafting, wasting RL time in both good and bad weather.
I know I've been a dick to a whole lot, but hey - you deserved being hammered.
This server has been a part of my life and i am glad i was a part of it.

:pc2:
Last edited by hammered on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zardian
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Zardian » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:10 am

No, just let someone take over.
Better known as Stromgar nowadays

Return to “General”