All good things come to an end

Your forum to discuss anything The Rebirth related matters.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Gregor
Voice of Princess Theradras

Re: All good things come to an end

Postby Gregor » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 am

aka Spookypants, aka the spookiest rogue on Rebirth
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 am

Somehow I like this Rammstein song and it's a homage from me to both dominating guilds at TR (hest and Hate).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GukNjYQZW8s

Translation:

We hold together
We put up with each other
We stick together
No one will slow us down

We remain loyal to you
We stand by that
We follow the rules
if you let us make the rules

And the shark, it has tears
And they run down its face
But the shark lives in the water
so no one sees the tears

We keep up the pace
We keep our word
If one (of us) isn't keeping up
we stop right away

We keep our eyes open
We hold each other by the arm
Six hearts that burn
The fire keeps you warm

And the shark, it has tears
And they run down its face
But the shark lives in the water
so no one sees the tears

In the depths it is lonely
And so many a tear flows
And that is why the water
in the seas is salty

They can think whatever
they want about us
We are taking our advantage
We will never stop

And the shark...

In the depths it is lonely
And so many a tear flows
And that is why the water
in the seas is salty

And the shark...
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:48 am

Nickje, the hunting cow
Betsy

Postby Betsy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:57 am

Retocyn
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Retocyn » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Aww... I don't want to lose people I didn't get to know yet!

I hoped my journey would last a lil bit longer here, but one doesn't get everything for being just awesome (yea I'm still silly Reto q.q). So I've been in some guilds here and I'm really grateful for meeting <Dwarven Overlords> and some great individuals who made this place alive around my jokes (no, it's not about you and your jokes, Reto)...

The server isn't dead as long as people are willing to spend time here, and the time isn't lost as long as people have fun, so If you want to do some runs in the remaining time, I'm open to it! :) Would like to see this one for once:
http://imgur.com/09iY5bf

Now I really wonder if I should go on rampage and get exalted with Timbermaw Hold before the shutdown. ^^

Also Vier I hope to keep drawing with you! <3
Shanazon

Postby Shanazon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Boomy is being transferred in her entirety to TrueWoW's PrimalWoW server, a Vanilla prog server played on a WotLK client. See ya there....or not.

Seriously gonna miss all of you guys...soooo many good times together.

<3 Boomy
spachib
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby spachib » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:55 pm

I don't know what to say. I'm sad to see the server go. I really appreciate the time I spent here and all the good times we had killing dragons. I want to thank all the raiders, all the pvpers, all the levelers, all the dungeon runners, everyone. Thank you to the GMs for hosting the server for so long. Thank you to the coders who put in the work fixing everything. I think it's really something that you'll be open sourcing your work, that's really great and I think it'll benefit the community a ton.
I had so much fun here, this was my first WoW experience and I loved every moment of it. We should all be proud of what we did here
Nanokie
Voice of Hogger

Postby Nanokie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 pm

I'm really speechless and thats a lot coming from me.
I had to take another look at this forum to see if I was dreaming last night in the first place.

Guess its not a dream.
While leveling up, wasn't sure bout this server, but in the end you guys became family (as corny as that sounds).

If we go our separate ways in the future, people must keep in touch with each other! Even though the server is shutting down, will this site remain open?

Nano,
Reng
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Reng » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:40 pm

:'( I'm one of those players who started when Freakyuno owned the server. I suffered almost all rollbacks/snowstorms from all stuff that happened with him... But I'm also a player who came and left quite often because of RL, being unable to get characters above lvl 30.

I've always thought you were the best realm out there in terms of scripting (population, unfortunately, not), and it saddens me a lot to see TR close.

But at the same time, I'm happy. Happy for all devs, gms and staff who were behind the project. Happy because you'll finally be lifted up the burden managing a wow server is, even if you did it willingly. You'll finally have more time to invest in what's needed.

At the same time, releasing your project and (purged) database to the public is also smart and honorable, specially after all the Nost-Blizzard-Legacy stuff. I've always thought that if all projects that have been started (and ended) contributed to the generic MaNGOS, we would have had a close to 100% blizzlike code for vanilla, TBC and WotLK years ago, but greed on most projects' staff made it impossible.

I've always been interested in programming, and I have several copies of MaNGOS zero and one, as well as other projects (Oregon-core for tbc) saved up in a HDD. Obviously, when you release it, I'll download it so that I can study and understand what changes did you make (I might be greedy by asking this, but could it be possible for you to upload the changelogs?).

To end this post, I'd like to thank you. Even though I couldn't play as much as I wanted in TR, every single second I've spent here will be part of my good memories, sharing space in my brain with original vanilla wow.

Thank you very much for investing your time in brnging happiness, fun and joy to all of us. :<3:
Rexsanctorum
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Rexsanctorum » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Although my time on Rebirth has been short, as a GM and not much longer as a player. I feel sadden that it is coming to an end. I have met a lot of interesting people, had in-depth conversations with some really fine people. I would like to thank the community for welcoming me in to its fold, Muggle for giving me the opportunity to assist in this project as a Game Master, and to say I will miss the Raids I have been a part of, and groups I have been invited to. To all of those I have help solve their issues and to those I was not able to get to, I thank you all for your patients. Hope to see you all soon

REX

Return to “General”