AV bugs

A place of discussion for those engaging in PvP across Rebirth.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Re: AV bugs

Postby Zaakir » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:33 pm

There's also the issues of being able to pull Drek'Thar and Vanndar out of their bunkers and resetting the rest of their Guards, can't find any video evidence of them resetting though. But they should reset if they aggro onto someone who is outside their room.
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:42 pm

I recorded it how we pulled it. It's quite simple: just let a hunter shoot the boss, let the main tank shoot the boss, let the hunter feign death and all other adds will reset. I'll upload the video to youtube if I can.

Edit:
Alright this is unfortunate, all my recordings have a black screen and only the audio is working :(
Nickje, the hunting cow
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Some other things:

-Mobs don't ever reset/de-aggro, no matter how far you run --> see Murp at the Relief Hut http://i.imgur.com/ZQLRjY0.jpg
-Horde Lieutenants don't dismount upon entering combat, they chased me forever and continued to melee me to death (while mounted at 100%) until I died: http://i.imgur.com/PvKyoOG.png

Can't look into collecting actual evidence at the moment (gotta run) but from past experience I know that this isn't the case :)
And if Horde are experiencing the same issue with Alliance mobs, please speak up!
Manatee
Voice of King Gordok

Postby Manatee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:04 pm

There's still a set of Druids on top of the Stormpike graveyard who kill horde as they spawn, in addition to the correctly placed ones by the north bunker. The graveyard set need removing.
Revontulet
Developer
Developer

Postby Revontulet » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:20 am

Variola
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Variola » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:29 pm

The way I remember it working was you had to pull their guards first, 1 or 2 at a time and kill them first I'm not sure if they evaded when they came out. But, my feeling is that they ran back if you pulled them too far out. If you aggro'd the boss all the guards were linked. At least you couldn't just pull the boss out with a hunter and fd. If the boss was aggro'd everyone was aggro'd. That was really the incentive to do destroy/defend towers, so that you'd have less people to kill once you got down there or the other guys would have more. Don't have documentation, though. I'm quite certain that you couldn't do the hunter trick. At least in all my vanilla AV's I never saw this done, and I'd think if you could do it people would have done it. I always remember fighting drek inside the room when it was emptied of other guys. This also made defending the gy more important, because if everyone is just at the entrance you can totally see the other faction team that's trying to ninja it at that critical last moment. It was always such a great dick move, ninjing the gy when everyone entered and forgot to leave someone to defend. But you certainly had to deal with all the guards that were remaining from captured/defended towers, before the boss.

Now that I'm thinking about it more it's coming back. Ideally it would go down like this. a hunter/ tank would pull a guard out into the doorway (horde base). Most of the range/healer folk would wait around that hill just infront of the door for the pull. I'm pretty sure that they could even come onto the entrance ramp, but not further. You'd kill them "one by one" in the entrance. If you pulled too far they'd run back. Repeat. Someone would /bg or /yell "ALL IN". Then everyone would go inside and kill Drek. I have no idea how you code that, but that was how it worked.

I think Vann's mechanics were pretty much same, but I was always running defense back then so I'm less confident on the details.

Edit: thinking about defense. And the advantage of this arrangement was that while the opposite faction was dealing with guards at the entrance you'd try to run in. They couldn't come get you or they'd aggro the other guys, so you could screw with their attempts to take out the guards and run back. if someone got pissed and chased you inside, then they'd aggro everyone and screw everything up. But a few could people inside could really screw up the other factions attempts.
Last edited by Variola on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Revontulet
Developer
Developer

Postby Revontulet » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Variola and Zaakir, thanks for the input.

Changed to a much shorter leash for the bosses, slightly shorter than the line on the picture so the whole raid won't stand in the opening just in LoS of the boss while the tank is alone in the room.
Variola
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Variola » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:19 pm

Last edited by Minx on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “PvP”