AFK in BGs

A place of discussion for those engaging in PvP across Rebirth.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

rabs
Voice of Archmage Arugal

AFK in BGs

Postby rabs » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:33 am

Mods, alliance players Hihihi and Navymoon are popping BGs with horde toons Nuzhan and Fans, then AFKing their horde toons. Sometimes also AFKing their alliance toons. Many tickets have been made about these players, but the tickets appear to be cleared with no response, and obviously no action since they continue to queue and AFK.

These players are/were affiliated with the Chinese guilds <Spirit Lodge> and <WoW>, but appear unguilded now.

Can we get an official word on this behavior? They're basically ruining the game for players on both sides.
rabs
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Re: AFK in BGs

Postby rabs » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:42 am

Add Laopiaopiao and Unionchief to the list of AFKers.

Zones in and sits or dies and does not rez until he's kicked or the game ends.
Swexecutor
Voice of Hogger

Postby Swexecutor » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:50 pm

These people are abusing and ruining the game for every1 else. I realize you only have a small amount of time each day to alot amongst all the issues that keeps popping up. But it would be nice if we atleast knew if these abuses matter to you or if you simple dont give a damn. Should we keep reporting these players? If so, to what effect? I can confirm that Hihihi, Navymoon, Laopiaopiao and Unionchief are all joining just to afk. Is this behaviour something you accept on this server or not? I would love an answer.
Arakan
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Arakan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:12 pm

http://imgur.com/53VyJAq

this guy is afk in every wsg but occasionally he plays ab. this is how he responded when i started typing in chinese to him lul
Betsy
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Betsy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:01 pm

[BATTLEGROUND LEADER] [ANOVAL]

BISest
shit
ever
drzoidberg

Postby drzoidberg » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:02 pm

although i have seen some of those players afk i have no proof and do not see any proof from you guys either. i wouldnt like it if GMs were taking action against players based on hearsay alone. if the AFKing really bothers you why not volunteer to become a GM to help lessen their work load. that way they will have more time to monitor BGs and witness the AFKers themselves.
Zardian
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Zardian » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Zoidberg:

Ab pops, there are no horde inside, eventually a few trickle in, not enough to keep it going, bg ends.
Right after, immediately 8/8 horde in que, i dont get an ab pop until a few mins (such as a timeout on another chars pop)
join ab, nobody inside, same alliance inside.

I have proof, fuck off with that shit. its obvious as hell.

Ill fully agree that the proof isnt conclusive, nor should be used to inflict anything on these players because its not very extensive proof, but the point is that i know for a fact these fucks do it.

Heres one idea to implement a no-oversight required fix, negate all marks rep and honor gained from bgs where the required amount of players was never reached.
This would force the altpopping scum to get their alts inside the bg, which then allows the other side to note them down and report them more easily. It would also prevent constant popping of new bgs via the deserted mechanic, as these people somehow manage to pop a wsg, an ab and then a new wsg when the old wsg and ab werent even full.
Better known as Stromgar nowadays
Monroe
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Monroe » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:12 am

looks like rebirth isn't safe from our chinese overlords either :$
Monroe 60 Undead Mage <MONROE>
Hotlineblink 60 Gnome Mage <TEAM ALIEN>
Arakan

Postby Arakan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:07 am

Vier

Postby Vier » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:39 am

I don't know if I should make a new post or what, but this afking thing has developed into full blown chinese alliance ~win trading~. I heard about it yesterday but got to experience it myself tonight...aaand it absolutely blows. If anyone else can write something more detailed/informative, that would be awesome. TKiller wanted someone to say something since he cant access the forums.

-Noticed a lot of allies&horde queueing in /rebirthpvp.
-Would get instant queues, go into them and the games are empty, maybe a few players on each side trickle in but they will all end due to lack of players. Will see other horde in other empty wsg games.
-If horde queue into a game that has the team of chinese players, they will hop into another game.
-If we follow them, and attempt to start playing an actual game, I think they will have a few players drop that game, causing it to dip below the minimum number of players to keep it going- so it ends faster.
-No proof on my part, but if actual horde pvpers were to all decide to not queue for the other bg so that they couldnt leave, I think these guys have 60 alts to pop the queue anyway

Some names of the ally players

I had some REAL buggy crap happen when I attempted to flag carry in a warsong tonight. I honestly dont know if its rebirth or if its possible that these guys were messing with me somehow. I was standing behind the horde health hut- stationary, hiding, with no allies around. I wasnt moving, using any abilities, not lagging. I suddenly lost control of my character and found it zipping UP the GY terrain into our flag room 2nd tier area that I havent even been to that game in a matter of seconds. No sign of being mc'd or anything. But you know, that could very well just be Rebirth.
.-.-.-

-Viertzen

Return to “PvP”