AFK in BGs

A place of discussion for those engaging in PvP across Rebirth.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Monroe
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: AFK in BGs

Postby Monroe » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Monroe 60 Undead Mage <MONROE>
Hotlineblink 60 Gnome Mage <TEAM ALIEN>
snowstormer
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby snowstormer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:29 pm

There seems to be a lot of players doing that nowadays. They run towards a wall or stand AFK in some hiding spot (Behind LM, Inside mine.. and NOT waiting for anyone to leave, just doing it for a long time without capping even if base is empty), but as soon as you start casting on them they will turn and attack you. Bot-like behaviour. Why would someone keep an eye on their character whilst being afk at the same time?

Maybe some kind of AFK-reporting thing over on the website could help.
<Untainted>
Arakan
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Arakan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:13 am

A bunch of the horde alt poppers are in the same guild as Tkiller, not sure what is going on there. At the moment Rainrainy, Reshahar, Hongtashan of the guild <Order> are queueing BG's and not joining. I found Rainrainy on my level 1 horde guy and every time he saw me standing near him he tried to run away to avoid being noticed. Nuzhan is on again as well.

edit: Looks like they are fully back at it

This is what the games look like with all those alt queuers not joining, notice Hihihi and Navymoon in there. Rainrainy started joining some and just autorunning into walls after I kept following him around in Orgrimmar.
Last edited by Arakan on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arakan

Postby Arakan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:12 am

I've been going around trying to find the alt queuers, here's some screenshots of the guys hiding around Hearthglen in WPL while alt popping BG's:

Bonus pic after they all died, inside a tent at the Bulwark on WPL/Tirisfal border.
snowstormer
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Wintrading f****s

Postby snowstormer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 am

I played 45minutes of BG this morning.

I made about 6000 honor. How?

Let me start off by saying i joined a WSG, where we were basically 7v7, a "regular game". Suddenly, my AB pops, and I go there. So do the 7 horde. Right now it's 1v7 AB, which is alright, prolly people doublequeued.

I go WSG again, get an AB pop, I stay in WSG. All the horde leave, and we play 7vs0 and get three caps for a nice amount of honor.

After that the same fucking thing happened about six times. I decided I won't que AB anymore, because it seems nobody else is playing it either (I personally wanted some AB Rep, but 1vs7 assrape isnt that fun, especially with you GY campers over there. Get a life btw). I decided to mention this in the chat, saying we should have a real game now. Behold, "hihihi" just says ":D" and suddenly all the horde disappear after my comment (She couldn't have qued ab after my comment cause she was in the bg).

I have no proof but it am thinking hihihi and navymoon are popping bg's for our enemies so they don't have to fight a real WSG. Just like before. Every time this keeps happening its <Spirit Lodge> people playing, plus other chinese players on horde side.

A real WSG fight would never allow someone to get about 8-10 wins in 60 minutes! The honorgain they get at this time of the day is fucking unfair and impossibly to beat by normal grinding.

This has to stop. It makes everyone else's PVP useless because we are not getting nearly as much honor as these people with their 10 wins an hour. It means anybody playing normally cant reach standing 1-5 even if you play 24/7 unless you join their altpopping 5min shit games.

This made in china unfair play shit is going to be a reason for decaying server pop soon.
<Untainted>
Shanazon
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Shanazon » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:09 pm

I figured R8 for me was a mortal lock, as I did almost 90k only to find that Navymoon and Hihi did like 250k/230k respectively making my 90k look almost non-existant. Please do something about this.
Neuth
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Neuth » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:11 pm

Just adding another voice to this thread: these Alts popping BGs need to be dealt with by banning the accounts. There should be no tolerance for this type of harassment.
Arakan

Postby Arakan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:20 pm

4:15 server time, full on win trading going on with Hihihi and Navymoon queueing AB on their alts so that horde are able to dodge the alliance in WSG by going to AB instead. These are the chars they are queueing and not joining on:

amaterasu
Voice of Hogger

Postby amaterasu » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:58 pm

This stuff is essentially why I stopped playing. I logged in last night and saw the pop was low again as well - quite disheartening.

There has been a lot of significant discussion about the issue of AFK popping of BGs, and many many of our reputable members have voiced discontent and, not only named the people characters responsible, but provided solid evidence of their responsibility.

A temporary fix is simply to ban their accounts. Here is why you should do it: good community members are pissed and some are stopping to play, and the characters who are alt-popping are breaking clear server rules.

Please do something as it is having a detrimental affect on the server!!
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Although I'm not against account banning for this kind of ruining the server, a just as effective way might be to "warn" them by resetting their rank and remove their honor items. Either way we can't let this continue or we'll lose the pvpers of the server who are basically the core of the players online midweek.
Nickje, the hunting cow

Return to “PvP”