Can someone help explain this to me?

A place of discussion for those engaging in PvP across Rebirth.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

LarryKillersDeputy
Voice of Hogger

Postby LarryKillersDeputy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:20 pm

My rogue friend and I were defending Lakeshire when we came across a lvl 52 hunter who we ended up chasing across all of Elwynn Forest and into Westfall. The reason the chase went so far was because my earlier 'hammer of justice' seemed to not effect the hunter properly, as he continued to move despite the animations and effect appearing on his character. After catching up to him near the entrance to Westfall, we managed to force him off his mount as he tried to jump a river to avoid us, where he then continued to use his 'aspect of the cheetah' in an attempt to escape. Upon reaching the guarded bridge to Westfall, I seized the opportunity to hop off my mount and use another 'hammer of justice'. Confused about my earlier attempt, I made sure to take a couple of screenshots of the event. In an outcome I can't really explain, the hunter was able to run straight past the guards while being attacked in his 'aspect of the cheetah' while also being under the effects of my 'hammer of justice'. Despite this, we continued to pursue the hunter and eventually managed to catch him thanks to a 'repentance' which seemed to be the only ability to properly stop him. While we were able to kill him, I'm left perplexed at what exactly occurred throughout the entire incident as these images showcase.

I'm no expert at Vanilla WoW, so could someone explain what may have occurred here? Is there some ability I'm not aware of which could have caused this?

Thanks!
Shanazon
Voice of Princess Theradras

Re: Can someone help explain this to me?

Postby Shanazon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:06 pm

A FAP pot maybe?
Shanazon

Postby Shanazon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:06 pm

A FAP pot maybe?
LarryKillersDeputy
Voice of Hogger

Postby LarryKillersDeputy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Yeah, at first I thought maybe he'd just used a FAP Potion, but the first time I tried to stun him he was on his mount and I didn't see any aura that would usually appear when using a FAP potion underneath his character.

I really paid attention the second time because I was so confused though, and not only did the aura not appear underneath him this time as well, but I made sure the 'stunned' effect appeared under his mana bar as well as you can see in the screenshots.

Here's an extra screenshot a little before I stunned him and you can see that there's no aura at all.

I'm really confused... that battle didn't feel right at all. :eh:
Shanazon

Postby Shanazon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:18 pm

The only other thing I can think of is a consumable item kinda like a lemon fresh wipe or something like that...like a pvp trinket, but it's consumable. Beyond that, I have no idea.
Atreyu
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Atreyu » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:21 pm

pretty sure you'd get an "IMMUNE" message if he had been fap'd, as well as the debuff not triggering on him. Very weird, maybe a latency thing on his end.
Vier
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Vier » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:37 pm

HUNTINGBULL

JUSTICE CANNOT STOP HIM

ALTHOUGH HIS PATH LONELY
HE WILL DESTROY ALL ALLIENCE IN HIS PATH
UNTIL THEY ARE ALL SLAUGHTERED

A MASSACRE IN HIS WAKE

HUNTINGBULL

:jump2:
.-.-.-

-Viertzen
Vexul
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Vexul » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:28 am

Why blur your names out but not the other fellahs?
- Vexul, 60 Warrior
Kanng
Voice of Hogger

Postby Kanng » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:34 am

He's hacking. There's an application that allows you to make client-side hacks to the game such as speedhacks, teleporting, etc. Becoming unstunnable is one of those hacks. All of the animations and debuffs (e.g. the accompanying silence) affect the character but they can keep moving.
pleexa
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby pleexa » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Don't accuse people of hacking unless you can prove that shit.

To OP: your post is lacking a lot of info. had you provided a combat log it would have been pretty easy to make out what is actually happening here. all you're giving us is a description of what happened on your side and screenshots that explain nothing. other than that your latency seems to be a bit high so you could have your answer right there.

Return to “PvP”