Dirty Cheater Madson

A place of discussion for those engaging in PvP across Rebirth.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Shanazon
Voice of Princess Theradras

Re: Dirty Cheater Madson

Postby Shanazon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:53 am

I know that this subject came up once in Nost, but it was a pally BoPing his own teammates to steal caps. He was eventually banned after repeated requests by the GM to stop.
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:26 pm

"Offensive use of damage immunities no longer causes the flag to drop in Warsong Gulch."

That's from Patch 1.7. Think this is regarding MC + BoP?

Also patch 1.11: "The Gnomish Mind Control Cap may now only be used on targets that are not in combat.", how is it working at the moment? I don't have engineering to test it myself.
Atreyu
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Atreyu » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:30 pm

kawklee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby kawklee » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:23 am

Shanazon
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Shanazon » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:59 am

The FC in that case was a very well-geared warrior that had no problems and was actively ranking. A ticket was opened and games were monitored by a GM after the pally in question was asked to stop.

After he was caught, he was dealt with. It was pretty much everyone in the bgs calling this guy a scrub for cheesing the FC as often as he did.
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:32 am

Agree with Kawklee, it's not like there's any extra honor for being the person to cap the flag.

If the paladin is fucking it up and causing missed caps or something then sure (though that doesn't sound like the case), otherwise I don't see what the big deal is/was.
Madson
Voice of Hogger

Postby Madson » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Hello. In this particular WSG match, it was 1-1 true, you got a rather easy cap. You were however in that situation 4 man turtle defending at your graveyard (on a 5v5 match). I thought it was lame and our team wasn't moving much either. I saw the mc bop was appropriate there. I don't use it lightly, the game was just gonna drag on for eternity with nothing happening. And you started losing the game, that's not because of that one 30min cooldown i used, just bad teamplay. Anyway this trick was used in vanilla, and also patched later as i've found out recently. But it works here, so I'd like to know what the official TR stance on it is? I have no problem not using mc - bop, it's not the stuff that consistently wins games.
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:11 am

But that's the end of the tunnel and Par is in group 2 so likely at least 6v6.

You'd better get your facts straight!!!!
Madson
Voice of Hogger

Postby Madson » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Yes he fell down, but most of horde were still turtling at gy. I got lucky there being 1v4. And yeah guess it was 6v6 match at that point, wasn't looking at scoreboard at the time.

Return to “PvP”