The Battle of Darrowshire

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

jeffer
Voice of Hogger

The Battle of Darrowshire

Postby jeffer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Hey!

My thoughts on the quest

This is a quest that has gone for a long time without a fix or placeholder to make it possible to complete. If its hard, or a hassle to implement; just make it spawn the mob to make it completable. No quest, or the possibility to actually complete the chain. I think the latter is more "vanilla-like". It also holds important quest rewards.

Me, out! :)
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Re: The Battle of Darrowshire

Postby Minx » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:04 pm

Imo it would be a little sad to offer some kind of dumped down version to just make it possible to complete for rewards. Why should they ever thinking about full script it, if 99% of the server already would have finished it in a broken way?
Mooreece
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Mooreece » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:15 pm

I'd love to get this fixed. That quest item has been taking up space in my bank since 2011. I need that bank space.
Fatsmcgee
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Fatsmcgee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:42 am

I never bothered with it due to it being broke. I remember it being chock full of cool lore though. Shame that its been broke for so long. Damn good ring for bear tanks, but oh well sucks to be you.
Robot
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Robot » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:40 am

I submitted a ticket about it and was told by Muggle that it wasn't scripted, nor would they auto complete the quest for me. It's very unfortunate, because the quest reward is BiS for druids until you get armor capped in BWL gear, and not having it available makes an offspec that much less viable and difficult to gear for. I agree that it should be a quest that GMs are allowed to complete for players. It's not a particularly difficult quest when scripted correctly, and I think that allowing feral druids to gear correctly now is more important than scripting a quest that's useless to everyone but feral druids at some nebulous time in the future.

Also, I'd love to know how Pago managed to get the quest completed: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... layer=Pago
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:51 am

Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Kainnee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:03 am

I am no expert for druid tanks, but wouldn't it be better to use the ring slots for items that give a bit of defense? I know of the importance of armor for bears, but wouldn't it be better to just use a ? Second ring could be , which is pretty similar to .

Don't get me wrong, the quest should be fixed and as long as it doesn't work I'm all for GMs completing it for players, but stating that it's THAT important isn't true in my opinion.
aka Zerkee on Horde.
Jimjam
Voice of King Gordok

Postby Jimjam » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:19 am

@Kainnee: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Level_60_ ... _equipment

It's not BiS, but just the 6th best ring available in Vanilla (3rd best available right now, after Nef ring and Heavy Dark Iron Ring)
Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Kainnee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:29 am

aka Zerkee on Horde.
Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:37 am

Return to “Quests / Dungeons / Raids”