Can we talk about AQ40 idols...

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Schwing
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Re: Can we talk about AQ40 idols...

Postby Schwing » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:38 pm

I've never actually played any of the expansions, I quit the game the week of TBC launch. That's besides the point though.

I appreciate memories can become faded or people can push for changes purely for their own benefit but in those instances you normally see a dissenting voice. In the case it's universally agreed something is very wrong, both in people's anecdotal recollections and plain game design logic.

I know the job of sifting through the bs given the resources available isn't an easy one and it's tempting to just accept things like allakazam as gospel, it's easy to hold your hands up then and blame it on "the book". However sometimes it's worth taking a step back and asking yourself really does this feel right.

Those of us still playing here are here because we want to play Vanilla in a pure form and this is the best server for that in general. That said with people dropping like flies the last thing we need is more trivial things like this to alter that directly frustrate players and impact on quality of life.
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Alright let me start by saying I'm by no means an expert and never played outside of private servers. However I think by doing some simple math might we can deem some hypotheses more likely than the other. So if I understand correctly mobs here have a key drop percentage of 7%, multiply that with the amount of trash mobs x68 and you end up with 4.75 keys per full clear of AQ (according to Zaakir) and the question is whether each chest opened would contain 1 idol or 1-3, probably with an average of 2. So that'd be either 4.75 idols or 9.5 idols per full clear. The number of armor pieces (skin of worm/husk of c'thun etc) per full clear is 10 if I'm correct, and each quest requires 1 armor piece and 2 idols which means that 20 idols are required per full clear. While 2 idols on average per chest may seem low, only 1 idol seems totally nuts by this calculation. Chances are of course that I made a mistake, and if so please point it out, but otherwise this seems like a good argument to increase the idols per chest rate.
Nickje, the hunting cow
Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Kainnee » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:16 pm

aka Zerkee on Horde.
daaki
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby daaki » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:43 am

Gregor
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Gregor » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:52 am

Regardless of what the drop rate may or may not be; after The War Effort, crafting new spell resist sets, farming mass amounts of consumables, trying strategy after strategy after strategy to essentially not get loot because of some random trash drop requirements can be pretty disheartening. Especially with the content as trying and time consuming as it is, if there's no payout players are gonna fall off and not even bother.

This doesn't really add anything towards the drop chance conversation, but it's something to consider.
aka Spookypants, aka the spookiest rogue on Rebirth
kawklee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby kawklee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:33 pm

tbh its why I stopped playing, Gregor. Months to get dkp/the main craftable element, and then a 2-4 month waitlist jsut to get idols? Nah, no thanks.

I mean looking at common sense we'd know this isn't how its supposed to work. Naxx came out, what, 5 months after AQ40? By this timeline, we'd already be looking at t3, but people can't even build 2.5 sets because of the backlog. This can't be right.
Schwing
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Schwing » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:57 pm

Even if common sense does prevail and it gets fixed all it'll now do is stabilise the wait list rather than it getting ever longer.

Return to “Quests / Dungeons / Raids”