Fear

For the masters of the dark arts. Highly experienced in shadow and fire based magic. Devoted to demonology.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Chalupabatmn
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Fear

Postby Chalupabatmn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:59 am

Having never played a Warlock or any other class with a fear in Vanilla, nor on any other server, I never realized that Fear doesn't work correctly until recently.

Currently, when you an enemy is feared they typically stand in place and change directions multiple times, run around frantically, sometimes even FOLLOW you.

I'm sure someone can dig up plenty of video evidence somewhere. Works fine on other private servers, so I doubt it's that hard of a fix.

Here's one video:
Uses fear at: 0:37, 1:54, 2:57

I'm assuming other class fears would fall under this category as well, but I can only say with absolute certainty that Warlock Fear isn't working correctly.
Last edited by Chalupabatmn on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atreyu
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: Fear

Postby Atreyu » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:15 am

Also, seduce is fucked up. Sorry not the best formatting, it's late, I'll dig up some proof later.
Enthrall
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Enthrall » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:53 am

Zardian
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby Zardian » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:56 am

Perhaps it is broken, i wouldnt know much about warlocks, but footage from cata is hardly good for anything, come on now, its such an easy subject too.
Better known as Stromgar nowadays
hemigorin
Voice of Hogger

Postby hemigorin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:32 pm

The warrior aoe fear works fine, must be a warlock thing
Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Kainnee » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Fear isn't working correctly indeed. The current scripting of Fear reminds me of the terror-fear Magmadar and Onyxia are using. For the Warlock-fear the enemy is supposed to run away in a straight line for a few seconds until he hits a certain range or an object. On Rebirth the feared enemy is changing direction way too often. One good thing about the Rebirth fear is that you rarely bug out mobs by fearing them through walls and stuff, because that's how it is on other servers.

A vanilla video with some use of Fear can be found on my YT channel .
aka Zerkee on Horde.
Chalupabatmn
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby Chalupabatmn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:29 pm

Skeletor
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Skeletor » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:24 am

Yeah lock fear here is weird. It remind me a little bit of the "flee" logic when mobs are at low health ... just move back and forth a little bit awkwardly or get stuck not moving at all. Enemies definitely don't run like they do in that video and I remember them doing that on Vanilla as foes running out of range because of fear was a very common issue....especially if they were a rogue with sprint up etc. And I've definitely seen the weird bug where sometimes you fear a mob and they end up on "follow" with you. Not attacking you, but right in your face.

Also, if seduce is looked at ...

1. Seduce is supposed to be channelled, sometimes the succy just walks off and does other things while the target is still seduced. I've seen the succy CC'd and seduce still stick :0

2. I often find if seduce is resisted the succy just still stands there casting it and becomes stuck as if casting but actually doing nothing. Attempting a recast involves changing the succy to passive, forcing it to follow mode again to wake it up, and then recasting - which in a pvp encounter is usually too hard to do. I don't have any videos of this, but as far as I can tell this is what has "broken" my succubus a few times in the heat of combat :(
Feared / Loved / Built / Airwolf
Zaakir
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Zaakir » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:03 am

Yeah Seduce is messed up (and the Succubus a little bit in general, too). Had already reported it but didn't write on the forums :)

For Fear issues, it has seemed like warlock fear can last through far too much damage (have screenshots of 3400+ damage in a fear), but I know it didn't break on just a set amount of damage so not entirely sure where to go from here.

There can be pathing issues with fear too, at least with Psychic Scream -- if you get hit by Psychic Scream while next to a wall, your character will very likely get feared to a spot through the wall; it seems the fear pathing does not recognize a wall there, but the character pathing does, so the character ends up running a long distance to get around the wall.

To illustrate the above point: (found a convenient diagram online)

http://i.imgur.com/o9BppMV.png

If you are at PointY and get hit by Psychic Scream, the pathing tries to fear you to PointZ directly, but since your character can't move through walls you actually sprint around the corner (during which you can't be cast on (says not in LoS)) to get to the new location.
Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Kainnee » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:20 pm

aka Zerkee on Horde.

Return to “Warlock”