Swiftmend is not working correctly

For the masters of shapeshifting who can take any role to support their allies. Most versatile class in Azeroth.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Robot
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Robot » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:53 am

Issue: Swiftmend does not heal for the correct amount

The tooltip indicates that swiftmend heals for "an amount equal to 12 seconds of rejuvenation or 18 seconds of regrowth."

12 seconds of rejuvenation is 4 ticks. Here is my character swiftmending rejuvenation with no +healing gear equipped and with +healing gear equipped (note: I do have improved rejuvenation and +10% healing talents): http://imgur.com/a/mu0EV
My rejuvenation is ticking for 373, but swiftmend only heals for 1120 instead of 1492 (4 ticks of 373). With no gear equipped, swiftmend heals for 709 instead of 944 (4 ticks of 236). In both cases, swiftmend is healing for 75% of what it should heal for. Swiftmending regrowth hit for 1411 and it ticked for 235. 1411 is 6 ticks of 235, so it seems that this bug is limited to regrowth.

For reference, here is a video of a druid swiftmending during vanilla (see 4:30): https://youtu.be/d9Go49UMq9U?t=4m29s
Note that his rejuvenation ticks for 437 and swiftmend heals for 1746. 4 * 437 = 1746.

Currently, Swiftmend is suffering from a massive (and incorrect) penalty, which is a pretty major detriment to a 31-point talent. Please fix this!
Last edited by Robot on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phobia

Re: Swiftmend is not working correctly

Postby Phobia » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:08 am

Offtopic Robot, but could you look into Tranquillity as well? You seem to have a solid grasp on druid mechanics. I know it's broken but I lack the time to test how it breaks and why, as well as how the mechanic of the ability truly works to make a report about it. I noticed it tends to break when group members move away from the initial location when the spell is cast, if they are flagged as being in range by the spell. When anyone moves out of the spell's range the cast ends. :?
Robot

Postby Robot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Tranquility applies a hidden buff, and if someone in your group runs out of range and loses the buff, it cancels the spell. This bug is on all private servers I've played on. Fortunately, tranquility is a 95% useless spell until TBC, so it's not as big of a deal.
Anhanga
Voice of Hogger

Postby Anhanga » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:27 am

Just an FYI: it doesn't do this (at least anymore) in the latest mangos-zero core. (Is that even what therebirth used?)

I tested it last night and it ticks for 277 on a naked char and swiftmend healed for 1109 total.
Robot

Postby Robot » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:26 am

This is the only private server where I've encountered this bug with Swiftmend.
BeJimmiezek
Voice of Hogger

Postby BeJimmiezek » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Its important that the Vehiclespeed is working, and not just Drivenspeed or just Radar speed on its own.

The simple answer is to add the relevant parameters to the log and get it checked. You want to see launchrpm, launchexittimer, launchstate, vehiclespeed etc.

Return to “Druid”